Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: So I've been playing Kerbal Space Program again lately... (Warning - Image Heavy)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
... A LOT. 
As in - if you're wondering why you haven't seen me very much lately in any of the MMOs many of us frequent - THAT'S why. 
And - I'm proud to say - I've been doing some pretty cool shit. ^_^
Check out some of this: 
Thunderbirds are GO! ^_^
(Well at least TB-1 is.)
[Image: LNdvYby.png]
If you're wondering where in the heck this is, don't worry. You're not missing anything in the stock game. This Tracy Island-Esque launching site is part of a mod called "Kerbinside" that adds about 3 dozen extra launch sites, runways and helicopter pads all around Kerbin in interesting places. 
[Image: 7o9dcnN.png]

[Image: cIK7CxC.png]

[Image: sy9nBNv.png]

[Image: Veh1aUa.png]

I've even managed to give my version proper VTOL jets like the original. Though admittedly, mine works more like the early Harriers. I can not lift off vertically or land with a full load of fuel, but once about half the fuel load is expended I can. ^_^
[Image: hklTdgF.png]

[Image: kYIZRFN.png]

[Image: uM63qtt.png]

[Image: d0Jta4Z.png]

[Image: gAxfqjf.png]

Bird GO! 
(It even flies without cheats - not very WELL - but it flies! ^_^;; )[Image: NHwsKn9.png]

[Image: ydBvjP5.png]

Speaking of interesting places to land from the Kerbinside mod. Check out these two. 
This one's way up in the mountains. 
[Image: CxvTP20.png]

And this one's called the "North Pole Bio Dome". Just what you see on the tin. 
[Image: kdwogwD.png]
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Every time I try to boot it up lately, it crashes. Frustrating. Do you use the regular or Steam version?
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
Regular. But if your install is completely "Vanilla" with no mods and you're still crashing? You must have got a bad install. I'd re-install if I were you (but if you've got any savegames and screenshots you want to hold onto, make back-up copies of those first). 
Finally figured out how to do the Mako M35 proper justice. I think this is as close as I'm ever likely to get barring someone actually doing a full modeling skin mod for it. 
[Image: ebjaRMI.png]

There was actually already a Mako that someone else had designed - and while the shape was correct, it was WAY oversized. Mine's much closer to the correct scale from Mass Effect. 
[Image: 5AN94nB.png]

Plus mine - 
[Image: 28JkD1o.png]
[Image: 365y9rY.png]

Actually has - 
[Image: AqgSlpd.png]

A REAL STONKING GUN!!! ^_^

[Image: PQSbEne.png]

To quote Rocket Raccoon - 
"Oh... YEAH!!!"
[Image: WpATFiN.png]