Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: iOS sync across shared itunes library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, question for folks.
I have (like most of us) multiple computers set up in my home.
My iTunes library is set up on Box A (call it SolBianca) and shared with the other PCs in the house.I have a desktop computer in my 'office' (call it Funaho). I don't actually store the iTunes library on it, it's shared from SolBianca.What I'd like to be able to do is plug my iPad into Funaho and have it sync with the library down on SolBianca.
Funaho runs OSX 10.7 or so, SolBianca runs Windows 8.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
iTunes should have an option to share libraries between computers on local area networks. I've never been able to get it to work for one reason or another, but this may be what you are after. The other alternative is to upload your entire library to iCloud and use that to sync to all of your machines.
Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
iTunes should have an option to share libraries between computers on local area networks. I've never been able to get it to work for one reason or another, but this may be what you are after. The other alternative is to upload your entire library to iCloud and use that to sync to all of your machines.
Yeah, I've got iTunes sharing set up like you said, but when I try to sync the iPad it tries to sync it to the local library.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Hmmm... Have you tried WiFi Sync? AFAIK, that's a thing iDevices can do. It may not always sync as frequently as you might like, but you always have the option of telling it to sync from either end.