Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: RAAC not Updating - Post Story please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The last update at RAAC seems to have been on the 26th. And considering that it's Thanksgiving weekend, it doesn't look like it's going to be updated until at least Monday.
Please post story on the website soon? Please? Like maybe today? I have a 12 hour workshift coming up tonight and I'd like to read DWII tonight? Please?
-Logan
have some pity, man, we're dying out here!!! [Image: eek.gif]
I just it posted to the FFML a few minutes ago. I have to literally run out the door in about five minutes; I don't have the time to do up a webpage right now. But keep an eye on your inbox.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
It is now one in the morning on Dec. 1, and I just posted Chapter 12 to R.A.A.C. Also, I posted revised/updated versions of chapters 1 through 11 at the same time -- something I've been meaning to do for a while, especially since the RAAC archive only has material up to chapter 9.

-- Bob
---------
Somebody appears to have been thinking good thoughts.
Chapter 11 in my inbox and a UF SOS entr'acte on Eyrie. And I coincidentally woke up real early this morning? Nah, must have been my Eyrie-sense. (couldn't come up with a reference to DW)

Mike Brown
Born with the power to detect fanfiction
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Quote:
Born with the power to detect fanfiction
Well I get the RCW award for this one - I was about to go to bed around 1:45am this morning when I decided to check the "What's New" page one last time... And that even with my browser not telling me that the page had updated (I don't know why I do it anymore - I almost always get the feeling and check before the auto-update even grabs it [Image: smile.gif]
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
New Eyrie? Damn, I knew I was going to miss something -- I haven't been back there since I started the low-level format on my machine.
(BTW, I'm almost back to 100% usability -- I just have a few little things left to install, plus look for a new version of a few programs.)

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
New Eyrie? Damn, I knew I was going to miss something
Yup, and they even rearranged the images pages a hair (added an Auto section. Dorothy's car is _cool_! [Image: smile.gif] )
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
I of course went to Eyrie as soon as I can. I am now up to date. And I like Anthy's car just as much as Dorothy's...

-- Bob
---------
Well Well...
I think there's only one word that can describe this... Wow.
And to think that I actually came here first.

Still, all in all, great job on the combat, Bob. Everything from Kat being willing to talk with Linna since it also got the job done to Nene's Beserking to Doug's near blind rage just totaly worked on every darn level.
Didn't like hearing about Shapeshifters' playtest being extended, though. I have to admit that I really want TDB to be DONE!"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
I think there's only one word that can describe this... Wow.
Thanks. I was really worried about how this chapter would be taken, and so far there's only been one stylistic nitpick out of all the emails I've gotten. Bert "SkyKnight" Van Vliet has even written me and said that while reading he desperately wanted to self-insert into DW2 because the combat distressed him so...
Quote:
Didn't like hearing about Shapeshifters' playtest being extended, though. I have to admit that I really want TDB to be DONE!
So do I, believe me, so do I. At this point, with the holidays coming up, they don't even want to set a new solid final deadline, though. Doesn't help that I've got jury duty coming up next week. (No, you dirty-minded Utena/SOS fans, not that Jury... )

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Bert "SkyKnight" Van Vliet has even written me and said that while reading he desperately wanted to self-insert into DW2 because the combat distressed him so...
..I've gone over that sentence a dozen times and I still have no clue how to take that...
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Quote:
Quote:Bert "SkyKnight" Van Vliet has even written me and said that while reading he desperately wanted to self-insert into DW2 because the combat distressed him so...
..I've gone over that sentence a dozen times and I still have no clue how to take that...

I think that Bert "How many times can I be pounded within an inch of my life" VanVliet is looking for a BGC altverse where he doesn't wind up in the hospital with such disturbing frequency......"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Well, you know, Doug gets trashed almost as much; he just has something SkyKnight doesn't...
(And suddenly at this point, I have a flashback of the Wizard of Oz reaching into his bag. )
...the ability to magically heal himself. Without that, Doug would be in worse shape than SkyKnight.

-- Bob
---------
This is the first chance I've had to post since I started this topic. First of all - a hearty thanks to Bob for emailing me the story this past weekend. It definitely helped my night go faster! You are a prince among men, sirrah! ^_^
I want to add more thorough commentary, but I think I need to start a new post to really do justice to it. But just for the record -
DAY-UM!!!
-Logan
Quote:
Well, here's some clarification for you. (Taken from an email Bert sent me last night.)
Quote:
>>Having read through the chapter you posted, I've come to the conclusion that
>>I'd better backtrack and read the previous parts. Why? Well, there were some
>>parts of the combat where I was fighting the urge to howl "NO!!" at the top of
>>my lungs and write SkyKnight into there in all his usual armoured fury. ^_^
>Well. I don't know if I should be complimented or worried...
Complimented, I'd say. I have a great deal invested emotionally speaking in
the Knight Sabers (gee, after 7 years and that amount of fanfic, you think?
^_^;Wink and I sometimes can't quite separate my objectivity when reading
other stories. That you were writing well enough to have me believing that
you were going to do serious hurt to the KS is a compliment, I'd say. ^_^
So... it's good.

-- Bob
---------