Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Identifying Hexe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't remember who, and the search function is clearly broken and won't let me find out, but someone here suggested that Hexe might be Athena. Helen laughed at that when she saw it, but I was a little puzzled, as I wasn't sure why Athena was a logical choice. Well, I am puzzled no more. I have just read what is I think the second Saint Seiya fic I've ever seen, and the first one which explains what the hell is going on in the series. No, Hexe is not Pallas Athene and the Warriors are not her knights. Hexe is team leader not because she's a goddess, but because we voted her there -- Dwimanor was team leader for a while, as was Major Kanis, whom you've not yet seen mentioned in the story. Hexe's just been team leader longer than any one else (although in bits and pieces as she keeps getting voted out and then voted back in).

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Makes sense. Kinda sounds like she gets everyone peeved, and someone says "I can do better!!" So, she steps down, and everyone figures out that for all her... quirks, Hexe is the best gal...err... Goddess for the job. So she gets it back."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Yeah, more or less. Actually, this last go-around she's been co-leading with Dwimanor -- he acts as general administrator and she's combat command.

-- Bob
---------
I bet it was me who said it. I know for a fact that Athena was one of the very first things I thought of as a possible I.D. for Hexe.
At least partially, oddly enough, because of of the Greek nationality of Silverbolt. I don't know why, but I'm pretty sure I transposed something there. I know they're not the same character!
Anyway, Hexe would make a much better Athena than the one in Saint Seiya. I like the character in SS, but she's NOT Pallas Athena!
BTW, ever seen a little indie comic that was picked up and published by Antartic Press called Athena? It literally was the Greek Pantheon, but in a Cyberpunk future and mostly "demoted" by their successors. Athena in that version has a cybernetic arm, the circumstances of which only come out late in the comic's run.
-Logan
----------
Legolas - Obviously an Elvish word meaning "Gatling Gun".
----------
I'll have to tell Helen that you think she should sub for the lead in an anime.
And no, I haven't seen that comic; it's been a long, long time since I shopped regularly for comics, and I'm way behind on the market and the scene.

-- Bob
---------