Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let's Do The Time Warp Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, Peggy and I finally got to watch this on Hulu tonight.  And sadly, we were underwhelmed.  Great production values, but... about the best way Peg and I can describe it is, low energy.  It just felt like everyone was on tranquilizers.
So, kind of as an antidote, here's an old fic of mine, trotted back out as an antidote, a tribute, and sign of the season.  Ladies and Gentlemen, I present once again...
A Wild and Untamed Thing...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
As someone I follow on Twitter noted, no matter how loving and loyal a remake it might be, you're never going to capture that kind of lightning in a bottle twice. And that really, everything that made it boundary-breaking and edgy is commonplace now, or copied and imitated so often that a remake actually seems tame.
I have to agree with you. And according to some of the reviewers I read they bowdlerized it ever so slightly, because for all the advancements in the past 41 years, some things still aren't permitted in prime time. I didn't notice it myself, but if they're correct it probably contributed it subliminally to my dissatisfaction with it.

Oh, and before I forget... Peg and I both agreed that the projectionist had to be a cameo, because we both recognized him but couldn't put a name to him. However, he wasn't listed in the cast either on the film itself, or at IMDB. Would anyone have a clue?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.