Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: New DW Image!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dave Menard sent me a new DW image, which I've just posted up on the DW gallery page. Go check it out!

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Very nice picture. It has spurred a question, though. Does Doug's Aura of Funkiness affect gases and other area effects? 'Cause if it doesn't, all it takes is one good ol' CS grenade and he's down for the count. Not to mention other, less-pleasant anti-riot gases (regurgitants come to mind). Clearly, the polykev uniform is part of Warriors' standard issue; would a kit similar to a policeman's belt (including some sort of gas mask) be something Doug would carry?
This was inspired by two things: partly the new(er) Legion of Super-Heroes, where it is established that all Legionaires carry transsuits (lightweight environment suits), omnicomps, and medkits in their belts, and partly because Dave's image of Doug has such a cocksure grin on his face. Makes the sadistic GM in me want to mace him. Smile
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
The only answer I have to that, Ebony, is go back a couple chapters and review Madigan's plans.

-- Bob
---------
yeah, but we've no idea just how well they'd work... after what we've seen of other attempts to catch him, we've simply no way of knowing if her ideas would fare any better...
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

Murmur the Fallen

Say, was Doug's uniform inspired by the Lensman uniform? You know, all grey military cut.
Actually, no. Doug's outfit is a cross between The Rocketeer and a leather biker outfit I once admired. As I've mentioned in the story, he actually has three different colors -- gray, black and brown -- which he varies by his mood and the mission.

-- Bob
---------