Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: SJGames is closing its GenChat forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The announcement:
Quote:On Friday, December 9, the General Chatter forum will be locked to new posts. On the following Thursday, December 15, it will be removed.

With the rise of social media groups like Facebook, Google +, Twitter, and other blogs, we feel this forum doesn't serve the same purpose it once did. It is so easy for people to host their own discussions that we no longer see a need to have our own off-topic zone.

Geek Culture will still be your hub for all things geekish and will continue to follow all the normal rules that apply across all of our forums.

Until December 9, feel free to share your personal social media groups or blogs if you want to continue particular discussions or host a space for new ones. You are also welcome to add links to these sites to your forum signatures. On December 9, General Chatter will be locked to new posts but still accessible if you want to copy, screenshot, or otherwise save them. On December 15, Chatter will be removed from the forums.

Thanks for your contributions, and for being a part of the SJ Games Community. We look forward to your continuing participation in all the other forums.

My reply (to a reply to the announcement):
Quote:It is a pity, yes. There are quite a few intelligent participants in this forum, and I seriously doubt everyone will migrate to the same replacement.

That said, I'll make the fracturing of the userbase worse. If anybody here is interested in discussing music, troping, videogaming, or creative writing / fanfic, there's a thriving community waiting for you at Bob Schroeck's forum: http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/

So if we get a sudden influx of posters, it may be my fault.

If you're part of that sudden influx of posters, welcome!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I hardly think anyone, let alone me, will consider an influx of new members any kind of problem to blame you for.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.