Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part VIII
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Ah, yeah, that makes sense.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Categories aren't updating again, on ATT or the freebie wiki, for at least the last 12 hours. Don't have time to enter a bug report right now - could someone else, please?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
http://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/Requests ... tewardship

The indonesian has made yet another account to ask for steward
As I post this, there are three pages on the "Pages for Speedy Deletion" list, all with the reason "inactive roleplay". What's our policy there?
--
Rob Kelk

Rob: If transcripts/records of the roleplay still exist and can be accessed easily, keep the page. If it's vanished from the ken of men, so too should the page vanish.

On another topic... we seem to have a new user with a major thing about Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Some of the edits he's made are... well, there are the ones that are barely literate, and there are the ones that seem to whitewash her a little -- or a lot... I'm finding myself inclined to revert more than a few, but I'm holding back for a second (and third, or more) opinion. Could the other admins please review http://allthetropes.org/wiki/Special:C ... Zeiram1990]his changes and let me know what you think?
-- Bob
---------
Looking at those contributions, I'm inclined to hit "revert" on all of them.

I've only seen this kind of whitewashing of a villain once before, and that was in commentaries of the fanfic Hybrid Theory (for which ATT doesn't have a page). Yeah, this editor either has a serious misunderstanding of the character or is subtly trolling us.
--
Rob Kelk

rollbacked 4 out of the 8 edits out of my own fiat, the other 4 are up to you
I rolled back the other four. Illiteracy and breaking markup as part of his whitewash did nothing to endear him or his changes to me.
-- Bob
---------
LulzKiller Wrote:http://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/Requests ... e-Prairies

LOL
Yeah. I've added my {{oppose|strong}} comment to each of the proposals, not copying Geth's wording.

I suggest others also add their votes - especially if for some reason you disagree with us.

EDIT: Oh, and I added a link to the main RfC page, which people are really supposed to do themselves. I'm not letting this one fly under the radar.
--
Rob Kelk

he's already editing other peoples responses.
I noticed - and I've called him out on it.
--
Rob Kelk

Someone is yet again trying to use ATT for their shitty feud, this time with Null off Kiwi Farms, we deleted the one on ATT and we expect the meta one to be deleted too in due course.
I've added my own strong oppose to all proposals, along with a comment that I've repeated through all the sections like Geth did. And not his words at all.
-- Bob
---------
Why is it that categories stop updating when I'm in too much of a hurry to enter a Phabricator report?

They've stopped again.

EDIT: They're working again.

Just created http://allthetropes.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin/Quotes]a new Quotes page. (The page is new, the quotes are old.) I trust it isn't too political.
--
Rob Kelk

I think it's fine. And now I need to troll through 1776 to find the best Franklin lines to put on that page.
-- Bob
---------
Hey, just wanted to inform people that I'm proposing to rename Power Trio, Music Trio, and CategoryTongueower Trio: http://allthetropes.org/wiki/Topic:Tlhg7snqxwuvzc0i  This is a major change to an old trope name, so I just want to get input.
I'm also wondering what happened to those TvTrivals folk.  Last we heard from them, they were talking about launching in the Fall, but neglected to mention which Fall.  My guess is something along the lines of "OMG this data is so painful to work with, this is taking forever to fix all the edge cases", which was my reaction on building the data for ATT.
-- ∇×V
I'm getting 503s on ATT and the freebie wiki...
--
Rob Kelk

And I'm getting 503s on ATT and Meta.Miraheze. And when I tried to register at Phabricator to report it, Phabricator threw its own version of a 503.

The fun never stops, does it?
-- Bob
---------
This time was directly caused by Miraheze admins trying to migrate a server, and then having issues with RamNode taking hours to complete the migration.  This is related to splitting allthetropes (and maybe some other stuff?) off into a different DB server.  So all of the dbs are down, but they were all shut down properly at least.
-- ∇×V
http://allthetropes.org/wiki/Topic:Rv98p5423he7690v

there's also this argument over the use of the definitive article.
He does nothing but sweep in and drop unformatted quotes into quotes pages.  Either he doesn't care about adding the "quote" markup or is completely incapable of understanding that there is a markup.  And he comes in on a different IP every time, so leaving him messages on the user page for his IP does no good.  I just want to reach through the screen and throttle him, screaming "LOOK!  CAN YOU  NOT SEE EVERY OTHER GODDAMNED QUOTE ON THE PAGE AND HOW IT'S MARKED UP?"
Argh.
-- Bob
---------
Well, you could use a sitenotice.  It's a blunt instrument, obviously, but I'm not opposed.
-- ∇×V
I'm not sure it'll do any good -- I put a similar notice in to appear only on quotes pages and it didn't seem to have an effect.

I'll think about it. Whether it changes his behavior nor not, it might make me feel better.
-- Bob
---------
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13