Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Remember the on-again, off-again news about a live-action Battle Angel Alita movie?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alita: Battle Angel is on again in the best way: http://www.kvue.com/features/entertainm ... /395099868]a casting call for extras.

As I understand it, Hollywood only casts extras while the movie is actually being made.

Cue a "squeee" of delight from Evil Midnight Lurker (and, no doubt, others) in three... two... one...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Unfortunately, I live far too far away...... but I'd go for this/
"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." - George Carlin
... and apparently Rosa Salazar was cast as Gally/Alita all the way back last May, judging from the articles I just dredged up with Google. Did we overlook this, or am I just forgetting the relevant threads?
EDIT:  IMDb lists Alita: Battle Angel as being in Post-Production now.  This one totally slipped past our radar, didn't it?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Alita/Gally is good at slipping past sensors, yes.

Oh, look: A Wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alita:_Battle_Angel
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:James Cameron has stated that he intends to adapt "the spine story" of Yukito Kishiro's original manga, with a specific focus on the first four books. He especially wants to include the fictional sport "motorball" from the third and fourth volume.
Oh no... This is going to be complete and total garbage. D8
You don't get to the REAL meat of the story until after the Berserker Incident.  Seriously, James Cameron should have started with Alita's time as a GIB Agent working for Tiphares.
Quote:Oh no... This is going to be complete and total garbage. D8
I know, it's going to look like a scrapyard after he's done with it!
My guess is that they want to set up the sequels.  This is Hollywood we're talking about.
-- ∇×V
It's not gonna work. His best bet would have been to start in the middle (kinda) and then tell the earlier parts in flashbacks later on.