Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: At 2:15 PM this afternoon,...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
... Joan Ruth Schroeck, my mother, passed away.
My presence in the forums may be intermittent through the next few days.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I'm very sorry for your loss.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
My condolences Bob.

And please, excuse my presumption.

To Joan Ruth Schroeck, and a life lived happy, and well.
Don't be sad for her, Bob. She's on the other side now with John Lennon, David Bowie, Robin Williams, Christopher Reeves....
My condolences.
My condolences.
My condolences Bob.
I know what you're going through all too well, Bob. I grieve with you.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Thank you all.
Quote:Don't be sad for her, Bob. She's on the other side now with John Lennon, David Bowie, Robin Williams, Christopher Reeves....
Heh. My mom was old enough that the first two were part of that crazy stuff kids started listening to in the 50s (she was just a bit too old to get into rock'n'roll when it first appeared).
-- Bob
---------
Condolences, Bob. I lost my father a few years back, so I empathize. Take the time that you need.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Bob.
I wish you all the best during this time.
My condolences.
---------
Very sorry to hear it, Bob.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
My deepest condolences, Bob. Your mother's in a much better place now.
My condolences
I'm sorry for your family''s loss, Bob.
Again, thank you all. I'm in the process of making the very last, least important arrangements for the day of my mother's funeral (the luncheon after), and once that's done, I think I'll be coasting until Sunday morning, when everything starts.
-- Bob
---------
Don't forget to take the time for yourself, there, Bob. Don't even try to do the "fall apart when it's convenient" trick, because to a certain extent, there is no convenient time to do so.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
I'm doing quite well in that regard, actually. If the aftermath of my father's passing is any indication, a couple weeks from now I'll have several sleepless nights, and that will be it.

While no one here actually knew my mother except in a theoretical, "he must have had one, right?" sense, there is a page in her honor at the funeral home's website that you are welcome to visit.

-- Bob
---------
Don't be sad for her, Bob. She's on the other side now with Glenn Miller, Frank Sinatra, Grace Kelly, Cary Grant....

I never know what to say in these discussions, but to echo condolences to you and your family.  My natural inclination is to make light of absurdity in the human condition -- and nothing is more absurd than death.  But such things are usually seen as unkind, so I'll stay silent for now.
-- ∇×V
I'm sorry I'm late, but my condolences as well.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Thank you.

Within the hour we'll be leaving for the viewing, with the service and entombment (my parents and grandparents had vaults in a mausoleum) tomorrow.
-- Bob
---------
Viewing is done. Having dinner at our hotel with my sister, her partner Mary, a friend of theirs I've never met before, and Wes Brown, the family friend who is also the clergyman performing the service tomorrow.
-- Bob
---------
Pages: 1 2