Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Beauty and the Beast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Peg and I ended the day by going to see Beauty and the Beast as a kind of anodyne to the events of the morning.  (For those not following in the "2:15" thread, that would be the funeral and entombment of my mother.)
I'd like to recommend the film.  Visually spectacular; all the songs from the original plus new ones with lyrics by Tim Rice; great performances; great stuff overall.  Emma Watson makes for an even spunkier and more intelligent Belle (who's a bit of an inventor if her primitive washing machine is any indicator).  Dan Stevens' Beast is remarkable, given that the only part of his portrayal that's CGI is his face -- those full body shots are him in a prosthetic suit.  Oh, the "gay content" which has the usual right-wing morons riled up is two guys looking at each other for a few seconds in a dance at the very end of the film.  As someone on Twitter noted -- a girl falling in love with an animal created by witchcraft, that's wholesome entertainment suited for children.  But let two men show that they're attracted to each other...  sheesh.
Anyway, worth seeing.  And if you don't know the majority of the cast beforehand, finding out who's playing whom will be a surprise for you.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.