Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Just For Fun -- Another Omake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I originally wrote this with the full intent of finding a place for it in the narrative, but unfortunately that didn't work out. Enjoy.
-------
"Sylia?""Yes, Nene?""His head is on fire.""Yes, Nene.""It's not bothering him, Sylia.""Yes, Nene.""It's bothering *me*, Sylia!"" Yes, Nene."

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Scrambler

*Blink* *Blink*
*SHATTER*
Thanks. I needed that.
Amusing. What, exactly, is an "omake"? Is it like a vignette?
Ebony the Black Dragon
aka Draco Draconis Ebenium
known to the MLA as Aaron F. Johnson
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
I first encountered them on "Blue Seed" -- they're sort of like joke scenes that the animators and the seiyuu do up for laughs and append to the show. "Blue Seed" had a regular "Omake Theatre" after almost every episode, doing stuff like showing the major villains playing poker or tongue-in-cheek "behind the scenes" vignettes. (Kind of like the stuff EPU had stuck on the back end of many of the NXE chapters.). Sometimes they were little character pieces -- I remember one which showed how the pink-jumpsuited ultraviolent female gun freak was once a poetry-writing schoolgirl with a crush on a schoolmate -- who was now one of the guys on the team of which she was a part, but he had no idea she was someone he knew in grade school, and she was determined to keep it that way.
Anyway, I'm not the first author to throw omake onto his fic (obviously), but I liked the idea, and I had a perfect omake scene (which I am note revealing until after the last chapter), so I decided to go for it. And over the past few years, as I thought up new scenes, I added them to the omake file. Hopefully, people will find them as funny as I do...

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.