Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Did we always have so many unregistered readers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This morning, just a few moments ago, the status report at the bottom of the top page (that at least I see, I don't know if it's visible to other people) reported that at that moment, using the board were me, four registered users, Bing, Google -- and 9 unregistered guests.  And none of the IPs for the guests popped up on the web-based antispam database that MyBB can be (and is, here) configured to interface with.  (Although two were locally recorded as having been used by registered users in the past.)

Usually when I see a high number of guests, at least a few of them are viewing the "no permissions" page, which tells me they're likely spammers.  And indeed, IP checking in those cases usually turns up at least one bad actor in the database.  But today's unusually "clean", which makes me wonder, do we actually have that many legitimate unregistered readers?  If so, wow.
That might be partially my fault - I've recently been mentioning the forum over on the SJGames forum (because IST), so we may have a few lurkers coming over to check us out.
I will admit I will drift through without signing in, just to see what's new.
I also admit to going through unsigned-in as preference.

NOTE: as I type this the top page has as Who's Online:
Who's Online [Complete List]
2 members, 0 invisible, and 1 guest
Bing, Google, Yandex, Bob Schroeck, Cobalt Greywalker