Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Song of the Day, 9/30/02
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Out where the river broke
the bloodwood and the desert oak
Holden wrecks and boiling diesels
steam in forty five degrees
The time has come
to say fair's fair
to pay the rent
to pay our share
The time has come
a fact's a fact
it belongs to them
let's give it back
How can we dance when our earth is turning
how do we sleep while our beds are burning
Four wheels scare the cockatoos
from Kintore East to Yuendemu
the western desert lives and breathes
in forty five degrees
The time has come
to say fair's fair
to pay the rent now
to pay our share
The time has come
a fact's a fact
it belongs to them
let's give it back
How can we dance when our earth is turning
how do we sleep while our beds are burning
-- Beds Are Burning,
Midnight Oil
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
What, no curiosity from the non-prereaders as to what this might mean?

-- Bob
---------
Other than the overwhelming polictical statments that Garrett and Co. have implied in their work -- especaly this piece -- the one of giving back the land to the Aboriganies. Blue Sky Mine -- Asbestos mining; US forces - Pine Gap and other US bases in Australia...
They're cracking good songs too...
But back to the question at hand. You've finished Ch. 12? or something like that.
--Rod.H (who feels he channeled a bit of Laude there)
" Midnight Oil's 'King of the Mountain' would have been a more appropiate song for the Olympics"
> But back to the question at hand. You've finished Ch. 12? or something like that.
Oh, nothing along those lines, although, as it turns out, I may split chapter 12 and release its first half as a chapter in its own right. I have to rewrite some material first though, as my wife has some mild objections to certain... tactical choices made by a simulacrum in the material that I have completed.
No, actually, this was more of a "general feel" song...
Hm. I think I'll leave the explanation at that.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
No, actually, this was more of a "general feel" song...
Boomer rights of some sort, I'd guess.
Quote:
I have to rewrite some material first though, as my wife has some mild objections to certain... tactical choices made by a simulacrum in the material that I have completed.
Well, it's not actually her character, it's your character's subconscious view of her character...but still.
Hm. I'm currently imagining a nice execution of "Transmute Cone to Park" spell.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
> Well, it's not actually her character, it's your character's
> subconscious view of her character...but still.
Let's put it this way. If I don't rewrite, her mild objections won't remain that way. And I'd like to preserve the wa of the household if I can.

-- Bob
---------
Actually, I think I'm just too well trained by Gryphon to ask stuff like that. After all, the usual answer is either no answer, or "I'm not telling" [Image: smile.gif]
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large

-- Bob
---------
Well it's true. Gryphon has trained an entire forum to not expect answers about various things and that the best to expect is a Vorlon answer.
--Rod.H
" Computer play: Vorlon sayings" " ~%#No%#~"
Oh, I know, of course. I'm not as paranoid about scaring the muse as he is -- my muse is on acid and I never know when she's going pop into my head and mutter something odd like "Doug arrives on the dueling platform at Ohtori Academy and the Castle In The Sky gives him a ring while he boggles" right before she buggers off to parts unknown. As far as I can tell, nothing anyone can say or ask me will bother her, and I don't mind yammering on about my writing for hours on end -- just ask my wife.
-- Bob
---------