Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Emotional Scenes and Doug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Murmur the Fallen

You know, one wonders what Doug's role is in Kodocha beyond the tough-guy bodyguard gig. I mean, it's not like Doug would be dispensing life-affirming advice or even Lucy-esque schemes or what have you, since that's Sana-chan's job (and a good job she does, too). And it's not like he's going to introduce them to the world o' magic. Or is he?

Murmur the Fallen

Anyway, the reason why I ask this is because every ten episodes or so there comes the BIG EMOTIONAL SCENES--Hayama's family becomes closer or, perhaps more appropriately, Sana's birth mother comes back and Sana and Mama cry and hug-one wonders what Doug's doing. I mean, these situations resolved themselves neatly. So what's Doug doing? Standing and getting choked up in a very Benjamin Grimm way?
Good question.
Right now, DW3 is terribly un(der)plotted. My notes have Doug mainly in the background during the key moments like that in the series -- my plan had another plot thread (connected to some elements from episodes in the 20s) running "underground" that would make the series take a sudden left turn somewhere around episode 40, but I'm growing dissatisfied with my plans, and I'm considering shelving DW3 until I can come up with something that I feel comfortable with. (If I do that, I'll jump right to DW5, which has major implications for the rest of the Walk.)

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Murmur the Fallen

You know, ever since I heard the plot (or the setup) for this Walk, I've had this image of Doug as Mugsy and Sana-chan as Rocky.
Just a little mental picture bomb for you.
Okay, yeah, that's an image I can work with.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.