Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Cool song
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

lyrics are in the description

Lyrics are in the description on youtube

So... powers?
I like'em all... I have the beginnings of some ideas bubbling up. Let me think on it a bit.
To be honest I was thinking of them as theme music for battles rather than actual power songs.  Same with these two:

Another 'battle scene' possibility
Again, not so much a power song as something I think would work as a battle soundtrack

Oh, damn. Good stuff, especially that last.
More thematic songs (as opposed to power songs)

EDIT:  Okay let's try this again...

Can't see anything Norgarth.
Another 'battle soundtrack' idea rather than a powersong

Once again, more theme music than power song

Hmmm. I definatly think that *if* this is a power song instead of a 'mood' music one, there is a power here. And it seems to me that in V&V game terms (since that is the original framing for Doug's powers) we are looking at either a directed power that doubles the willpower stat of the target, or gives everyone in the AoE bubble a will save to stand up and get back in the fight every combat round or so
Dunno what this one might be - maybe some kind of mobility boost, or timefuckery so Doug can walk anywhere in the world in (to him) the duration of the song, but to outside observation as long as he'd normally take at (at most) a brisk walking pace? Like a surface-based version of Fly Like an Eagle, where time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin', into the future. (I suppose if he did the math for how long it would take him to walk X laps of the equator it could be a forward-only time travel song, if he got stuck in the past from where he wanted to be somehow...) Also including walking across water due to the strong theme in the lyrics, or maybe only if he has water to walk on? Maybe a dream-walking mental effect, instead? Mmm, like I say, I don't really have any standout ideas, but it definitely feels powerful to me.

non-embedded

Lyrics:
Sometimes I’m the moon shining along the river
sometimes I’m the river carrying all away

If I walk among the stars I see the loneliness
these are useless days of heedless and hidden men
The world has changed colours and buried the memories
The blue sky, green fields and the blue sea

Mother, Father, and the childhood dreams

Walk through the endless rain of time
Over empires that rise and fall

Walk with me on dark waters
Walk like heroes
Walk with me on life and death
Walk like heroes
Walk with me on all that flows
Walk like heroes

Over right, over wrong
on the wings of a deathless song
where dreams appear like the stars to sailors

Sometimes I'm the silence dominating the ocean floor
Sometimes I'm the ocean that turns into storm

If I walk among the stars I see the misery
These men are hopeless crushed by heaps of gold
The world has changed colours and buried the memories
The blue sky, green fields and the blue sea

Walk through the endless rain of time
Over empires that rise and fall

Walk with me on dark waters
Walk like heroes
Walk with me on life and death
Walk like heroes
Walk with me on all that flows
Walk like heroes

Over right, over wrong
on the wings of a deathless song
where dreams appear like the stars to sailors
another potential battle soundtrack song

You have a point. Yet somehow I personally see Doug's mage-gift as being a bit more litteral; allowing Doug to lead forces in his AoE (in this case an oblong 'oblate(?) (distorted, certainly) down a previously unknown, forgotten, or just mostly untraveled road.
Another 'soundtrack' song rather than a power granting song

Heard this on the radio and looked it up to get a better read on the lyrics.

Black Sabbath - I

I could see it being theme music for an antihero or just a hero who's had enough.

Alternatively as a power song it might make Doug a nigh invulnerable 1-man army for the 5 minutes of the song (though possibly with some anger issues)
(11-29-2020, 10:54 PM)Norgarth Wrote: [ -> ]Alternatively as a power song it might make Doug a nigh invulnerable 1-man army for the 5 minutes of the song (though possibly with some anger issues)

But does it dress him in a blue body suit with hood, and antenae? would it give him the urge to Yell "Spoon!" as he charges into the Frey?

--
Sorry, whenever I see the Words "Nigh", and "Invulnerable" together I tend to be "Tick!"-ed
(12-02-2020, 03:32 PM)itsune9tl Wrote: [ -> ]... as he charges into the Frey?

Belldandy might get upset if Doug did that... unless Frey was in a fray. Or an affray. Smile
once again, no real power ideas, just a song I like might work for a soundtrack

heard this on the radio and thought it might make good background music for a 'fighting the big bad' scene

The Pretty Reckless - And So it Went
Pages: 1 2