Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Google Has Publicly Embraced The Dark Side
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Google Quietly Removes "Don't Be Evil" Preface From Code of Conduct

By sheerest coincidence, Chrome on my Android phone kept insisting this was a dangerous, untrusted site.
It's saying the latter because you still don't have HTTPS support for your server.  This means that $NATIONAL_GOVT, $MONOPOLY_TELCO and $BLACK_HAT can inspect all of our traffic, including passwords, in the clear.

This is clearly bad, as only adtech and analytics scripts from Google should be able to spy on us.
Not this site, Brent -- the page at indpendent.co.uk where the article is.

I know this site still has no HTTPS support. I'm working on it.
(05-21-2018, 02:38 PM)Labster Wrote: [ -> ]It's saying the latter because you still don't have HTTPS support for your server.  This means that $NATIONAL_GOVT, $MONOPOLY_TELCO and $BLACK_HAT can inspect all of our traffic, including passwords, in the clear.

Meaning all of us who live in the U.S.A. are going to be disappeared to the camps for the things we've been saying about President Windrip.
You're kidding, right? El Trumpo and his bad hombres haven't displayed the basic competence needed to set up a dictatorship. It's like he values all of the things that strongmen can do in power, without being strong or smart enough himself to actually do it.
Okay, since this thread mutated from one about Google into one about Trump within a single message, I'm moving it into Politics so it can fester there.

Again, my initial point was not that Chrome on Android flagged accessdenied-rms.net as "unsafe", but the newspaper reporting on Google removing "Don't be evil" from its values.
Google does not fear the Dark Side as we do.

They just want to bring Freedom, Peace, and Security to their new empire!
Let's be honest, anyone that's been watching Googles behavior in the past knows that 'Don't be evil' was a leftover gag long since left to rot. They've got money to worry about!
(05-22-2018, 03:01 PM)SilverFang01 Wrote: [ -> ]Google does not fear the Dark Side as we do.

They just want to bring Freedom, Peace, and Security to their new empire!

Quote:“…What I’m trying to do here is move beyond those ideas [of Good and Evil] into a world where no one has any reason to fight one another.  But you can’t make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others.” 
      — Order of the Stick, Rich Burlew, 2010 

As you go through life in today’s world, there is one thing you should always remember:  There are other people in this world with you.  They are your enemies.  Destroy them.
I no longer trust Google to not be evil. But I still consider them neutral aligned, as opposed to Facebook, which is certainly evil. I mean, seriously, which extraterritorial Megacorp would you want to live in? Google, Microsoft, Aztechnology, or Facebook? The choice is pretty clear.
(05-23-2018, 11:16 PM)Labster Wrote: [ -> ]I no longer trust Google to not be evil.  But I still consider them neutral aligned, as opposed to Facebook, which is certainly evil.  I mean, seriously, which extraterritorial Megacorp would you want to live in?  Google, Microsoft, Aztechnology, or Facebook?  The choice is pretty clear.

A wise man once told me "The lesser of two evils is still evil."

Why live in an extraterritorial Megacorp at all?
[Image: hisonTj.jpg]
(05-23-2018, 11:16 PM)Labster Wrote: [ -> ]I no longer trust Google to not be evil.  But I still consider them neutral aligned, as opposed to Facebook, which is certainly evil.  I mean, seriously, which extraterritorial Megacorp would you want to live in?  Google, Microsoft, Aztechnology, or Facebook?  The choice is pretty clear.