Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Burgers to Beat MS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since Bob found out too late last year, here's a month's lead time. Smile

2018's "Burgers to Beat MS" event is Thursday, August 16. A&W Canada will donate $2 from every Teen Burger sold that day in Canada to the MS Society of Canada.

You can also donate online, at https://web.aw.ca/en/burgerstobeatms

(Yes, this is personal for my family.)

Oh, and A&W Canada is giving away free root beer on July 14. No purchase necessary, no coupon necessary, just walk into any Canadian A&W and ask for a root beer.
Bumping this, a week before the event.
My, but A&W is busy today... Smile
It's that time of year again...

2019's "Burgers to Beat MS" event is Thursday, August 22. Once again, A&W Canada will donate $2 from every Teen Burger sold that day in Canada to the MS Society of Canada.

The website's busy, so I can't tell whether there's an online donation page this year.

EDIT: Lat year, $1.9 million was raised.
... Even if there are not any A&W's where I am, did the A&W U.S. Franchises particpate as well? (though I would assume that they would donate to the MS Society of the US)
A&W Canada is a completely different company from A&W USA, so I'd be surprised if they did.

Also, MS is peculiar in that per capita it affects more Canadians than it does any other country.
dammit, I forgot all about this Sad
I ended up going out with mom on thursday just for this reason. We both bought 2 burgers and it was a good time though when she dropped me off at my place she was fussing that it was going to suck eating a cold burger the next day *grin*.
Two burgers for lunch (one on behalf of a family member who was flying medevac and couldn't get to an A&W), one more for supper.

As I said in the OP, this is personal for my family. But, no more burgers for a while, please.