Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: An annoying replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just discovered that the forum software replaces open-parenthesis c close-parenthesis with a copyright symbol, even if you have "Disable Smilies" checked. This makes inline lists (like so: (a), (b), (c), (d), and (e) ) a bit difficult to write.
Grrr. Let me see if there's a fix for that when I get home tonight. That's annoying.
That notation looks very strange to me anyway - I only remember seeing lists done with the trailing parenthesis (ie. a), b.), C), 4) etc.) to begin with. That's not to say it shouldn't be possible if that's your preferred style, of course.
The notation you're thinking of is good when the letters serve as bullets in a bulleted ordered list. I'm looking at an in-line list.
Bob, did you ever find a fix for this? It's still happening.
No, I never did. I'll have to look again (tomorrow night, as I'm about to crash right now) and see if anything's been developed in the last six months.
Okay, it should no longer happen.  However, if you get as far as "r" someday, it will still replace it with "(r)".
Thanks, Bob.

I'll try my best to avoid really long lists.
Oh, no, I meant that if you need to go that far, I'll just go and make the same change to the code that does the "r" replace. I decided that for the moment a lighter touch was best.
No worries.

If I get that list-happy, I should expect a Season Fairy to pop up and ask for a waffo.