Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Re-watching the first season of K-On!, and noticed something that I'd missed earlier... so Sawa-chan-sensei's infobox has been updated.
Speaking of K-On!...

(05-17-2021, 09:16 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!  I have K-On! College on my Kindle; I might be able to extract some character images from it.  (Or maybe see if Safebooru has any.)

I did my best, but the manga on my Kindle are DRM'ed, and my one tool for cracking that DRM didn't bring the images over except for the cover and back cover. So that was useless.
I've created a working notes page for Callahan's Saloon. This will be getting updated as I go through the books and make note of everything a new writer will need to know to correctly portray the setting. For character-specific notes, I would advise creating pages for said characters, and categorizing them under "The Regulars at Callahan's".

https://theresnothingbetter.miraheze.org...llahan%27s
In case anybody's looking for a project to distract them from, you know, actually writing... Smile

The "School ships" wiki page now has a character list that needs some data.

I've already gone through the lists at schara.sunrockgo.com and All The Tropes, but I haven't harvested data from the Girls und Panzer Wiki yet. (Nor have I re-watched OAV 1 to get Miho's three sizes, but that can wait until we're ready to actually make a page for her.)
Bob, should I bother grabbing this fanart for use on the wiki? It's the only piece on Safebooru that shows all three of OnNaGumi and doesn't hide Sachi's height.

The caption would be 'OnNaGumi, cosplaying as [[w:Destruction (band)|Destruction]]. From left to right: Sachi, Akira, and Ayame, (Fan art by "kaiga")'
Go for it. Meanwhile, I just did a little more looking and I've found individual pics of each on the K-On! fandom.com site. I'll grab them and upload them shortly.
Done.
(05-29-2021, 11:46 AM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]In case anybody's looking for a project to distract them from, you know, actually writing... Smile

The "School ships" wiki page now has a character list that needs some data.

I've already gone through the lists at schara.sunrockgo.com and All The Tropes, but I haven't harvested data from the Girls und Panzer Wiki yet. (Nor have I re-watched OAV 1 to get Miho's three sizes, but that can wait until we're ready to actually make a page for her.)

The list now has character data from the GnP wiki.
New category on the wiki

Who did I miss? (Don't tel me here, just add the category to their pages.)
I think the maps look a bit better now - a few more colours for map markers, and an anchor marker for the approximate "home" locations of seagoing places (such as Black Lagoon).
Anri is quite capable of getting herself both into positions she shouldn't - high in organisation, and into files she shouldn't. It's really the only thing we've seen of her - as Largo's mole in Genom's organisation.

As it is, she's normally an office worker and happy to slot into that role.
Spent some time pulling together a note here, a note there, a note somewhere else into a single repository of off-Earth information for my characters for Arc 2
I decided that I wanted to write something this evening, but the muse deserted me... so I did some work on the wiki instead. Everybody's favourite explosives expert from ITEM* now has more of a writeup than just "see All The Tropes".

One sentence that I added to Frenda's "In-Universe Power-Ups" section for Arc 2:
Quote:You think she's bad now, wait until she gets hold of some thermal detonators... or, worse, a photon torpedo.

* Yes, I know that ITEM only has one explosives expert.
We should pair her off with -- or set her in opposition to -- Minnie May Hopkins and Ace from Doctor Who...
And I'd already established that the city she had run from was Chicago... Maybe I'll do a Frenda/Minnie-May scene as a flashback.
Just for fun... Drosselmeyer's Journal now looks handwritten if your computer runs Windows Vista or newer. (And it should failover to whatever your browser's "cursive" font is set to if you're running something else.)
That's pretty nifty. Gonna have to see if I can override the Windows setting with Firefox to something a little easier for me to read.
You should be able to - I didn't set the stylesheet as "important", so changing your cursive font and setting it as important in your browser should do the trick. I think.
Speaking of... Did I get everything posted here for Drosselmeyer's Journal copied over to the wiki?

I figured I'd update that page while I was updating get the chronicle and the calendar.
Looks like you did. There was a bit in there where you accidentally got some BB Code in there, but I fixed it.
Folks with wiki access might want to take a look at the scene that I just added to The Academy City Job - it's the second set of draft text in this section. Comments appreciated, but on the wiki itself, please - the scene is a major spoiler.
And commented.
Comment appreciated and being mulled over.

I thought I'd do something a bit different: this page in script format. If I goofed, we can revert it.
Since avenues for real-time conversation are limited, and I don't want to clutter up your in-box here on the forums, I've started a talk page on the calendar in regards to when things happen.

I'm loathe to do this because 1) The WYSWYG editor is a piece of shit, and 2) I'm a bit concerned about THAT getting as cluttered as our in-boxes. Keeping a running line of notes is all fine and good, but it can probably become unwieldy without a means of keeping track of them.

Regardless, it's there, and responses would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: As a way of keeping notes while keeping things manageable, I guess we can add "RESOLVED" to the headings of each topic once we're done with them, and then hide the material behind a cut, like how tables can be made to be collapsible. Thoughts?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13