Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Yggdrasil.org will be going down for a while
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Thought I'd just let you know in probably going to be taking down my fabulous website in the near future.  It's dated as hell (like circa Y2K?), and my current plan is to put up a WordPress blog for my random projects.

Stuff that normally I'd just drop in a colonyofgamers.com thread, but with that site going down soon (we're all moving to Discord) I want something a little more personal to continue with.

The archive will stick around, I'll probably keep a link to it or create an "oldsite" subdomain.

Just didn't want anyone panicking.
Thanks for letting us know, Chris. I'll have to search All The Tropes for Yggdrasil links so we can update them as needed.
ATT only has four pages with links to yggdrasil.org. (Five links, though - "Fuku Fic" has two links.)

EDIT: And if there are any pages folks might want after the site disappears, make sure they're in the Wayback Machine now.
Thank you, Rob.  Have you pointed the Machine at those five three links already?
Not yet - I'm still at the office. We probably want to get subpages of those links as well.
No need, it looks like the Machine has all of Yggdrasil.org archived. I started with those three pages and just kept drilling down, and I haven't hit a dead link yet. All of OMB, God's Toy, Turn the Page, everything.
I promise you guys I'll make sure the fics are still accessible once I'm done.

It looks like the hosting plan I'm upgrading to allows a bunch of subdomains, so at worst some links will change.

Of course, I should also note this MAY not happen. I'm holding off for a few days just to make sure I'm not just going at this with my usual 'new idea' enthusiasm and then dropping it.
Thanks, Chris.

It doesn't hurt to be prepared - even if you don't change your website, we now have confirmation that there's an available backup of it. That's worth knowing, right?
Am I the only one that took a look at the title, and was thinking that it could have been a system announcement in "There's Nothing Better"
(09-09-2018, 05:23 AM)itsune9tl Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one that took a look at the title, and was thinking that it could have been a system announcement in "There's Nothing Better"

No, you're not the only one, and I even get the reference.
Gents,

The change is complete. You should just have to update any direct links to the archive site at: "archive.yggdrasil.org"

Look forward to other fun stuff on the WordPress site. Also, I'll cheerfully take aesthetic comments.
All I get is Verizon being "helpful" and sending me to a search page claiming that domain doesn't exist, did I mean to look for these other things instead.
Perhaps the domain is still propagating through the DNS system. I get a "server IP address can't be found" message from Chrome.

Try again in a day or two and see if it's there then.
It's also entirely possible this is Cloudflare issues.  I'm trying to use their free service to get SSL going, since my ISP doesn't support LetsEncrypt.

If neither the main site nor the archive site work after a day or so, I'll cancel Cloudflare and look for another way to get SSL going.
It's working for me. Well, a certain value of "working". A lot of times I go to a page and get a 502 from Cloudflare, and then I refresh the page, and it works.
Looks like it's working now for me, at least.
Yeah, I have a support ticket open with them. I'm giving them a week or so to help me work this out, if that doesn't work I'll try something else.

Thanks for being patient with me.