Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Seventh Heaven for Video Madness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Heard about this song from my brother, apparently my nieces love it Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0hyYWKXF0Q

Upon watching this late-1970s official video of Kansas performing "Dust in the Wind," a fellow named Doug McAuliffe commented in December 2018 about the appearances of the group's members:
Quote:“I cant [sic] believe Hulk Hogan, Bob Ross, Hagrid and Rambo all collaborated to make this beautiful song.”

(Actually, respectively, Kerry Livgren, Rich Williams, Robby Steinhardt, and Steve Walsh.  Dear gods, Robby Steinhardt does look like a younger, more kempt Rubeus Hagrid.)
I got two items for you folks here.

First up, in the music category.  Everyone remembers 30 Seconds To Mars - how they had that awesome space-theme going for them...  and then how they turned away from it and became "meh" for the most part.

I recently discovered that someone has slid perfectly into that niche.  If you've never heard of them, they're called Starset, and they're pretty awesome.

How awesome?

They're literally equipping their own fanbase to be their PR machine.  With freely available fonts, logos, and several of their songs.  And to make it all complete, the dress the whole promotion gig up as being part of a space-based underground society.  It's very....  Fennish.

Here's the link to their "Phase III Orientation Packet" which has all the swag mentioned above.
https://tss-orientationpacket.squarespace.com/

And here's an awesome looking video they made for their song, Solstice.  Yeah, it's kinda minimalist in a ways, but it's still cool as all hell.

And now we shift gears entirely.

I always wondered why it is that Ruby Rose's sniper-scythe never really hurts her - aura can only go so far, and it wouldn't make sense if the weapon was depleting her aura with every shot to protect her from the recoil.

Until I saw this billy-bad-ass from WWII.

Apparently, the recoil mechanism on this gun is so well made, that it just "shoves" you back rather than kick your shoulder like an angry mule.  In the video, they even show an average-sized woman firing the gun, and she had no real difficulty in handling it.  So now, Ruby's weapon, Crescent Rose, makes a little more sense.

EDIT:
an amusing prank
https://i.imgur.com/5USW3Pg.mp4

EDIT:

HA!!! Yes, perhaps in one regard even more crowning moments of awesome, but somehow in my mind all those CMOA would totally curbstomp Thanatos to the point of the last act of Endgame being not worth the price of admission?
Now I knon why they had been waiting so long to release this month's Epic Rap Battle... 8)

(10-28-2019, 12:47 PM)Norgarth Wrote: [ -> ]Now I know why they had been waiting so long to release this month's Epic Rap Battle... 8)

Now, that was a one sided beat down.

Top comment: "Finnish children's music is cooler than the children's music in your country." Quoted for TRVTH.

(non-embedded link)

Turn on the CC for an English translation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13