Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: HOLY SHIT!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This...

This is the epitome of Bad Ideas(tm).  The ultimate in the Darwin Awards because you're not just trying to remove yourself from the genepool, but the whole goddamned species as well!!!

Someone tell me this shit isn't happening.  Someone tell me that our own fucking administration isn't showing the goddamned Saudis how to make nukes!!!  (Because that's what "sensitive US nuclear technology" is!)
Considering the source, I highly doubt it. Now before anyone goes screaming "prove it" i will point out that if the house oversight committee actually had such they would have immediately called for his impeachment.
I believe Kushner and co could be that greedy and stupid. The question is if they'd had the opportunity to actually do anything.
(02-19-2019, 11:18 PM)Rajvik Wrote: [ -> ]Considering the source, I highly doubt it. Now before anyone goes screaming "prove it" i will point out that if the house oversight committee actually had such they would have immediately called for his impeachment.

The Republican Party vs Bill Clinton was an excellent object lesson in why impeachment is not something to be done speculatively. You don't try it on a maybe; you get the ducks in order first.

And today, it is a repeatedly demonstrated fact that every single time the Republicans in the Senate have been asked, "Is this a bridge too far? Has the latest outrage, the latest obscene violation of our country's laws, and interests, and integrity, and basic self-respect finally been too much for your conscience?", they have replied, overwhelmingly, instantly, always, "No. I approve of these actions; I endorse them."

As long as they're willing to cover for the White House's treason, impeachment isn't going to happen, so it makes perfect sense that that card has stayed in Pelosi's hand rather than being played.

That said, one of the possible angles to gain political benefit from the moral necessity of blowing this whistle is that it will pry off a useful fraction of their campaign backers and/or marginally less self-destructive supporters, and thereby playing their cowardice back against itself to gain at least some of the needed Senate votes.
Not even surprised anymore, and there are no further depths for my disgust and contempt to sink to.
Alright BA, I've read through three of the stories you linked and apparently these are things that primarily happened while Flynn was NSA and then his immediate temporary successor. Yes, there is a lobbying group headed by some former brass that are more interested in keeping the ChiComs and the Russians as marginalized in the Middle East as possible, instead of keeping this technology out of the area.

Arguably you could say that the tech is already there, and this is supposed to be for power generation as opposed to weaponry, however I agree that we shouldn't be handing this type of tech over to anyone in the region.

(Arguably the Israelis already have it, but as far as the world's Intel agencies are concerned, they have no nukes.