Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Of course someone had to ruin it...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It looks like a journalist by the name of Andy Ngo was attacked at a protest over the weekend by 'antifas' using quickdry cement in milkshakes as weapons... Which sounds silly typing it. That, and the fact I haven't found anything besides his claims yet, makes me a little suspicious, but if it's true, they need to be charged, followed by being told how stupid they were for wrecking a good, relatively anti-violent protest meme, and giving the fucksticks the kind of response they dream of.
Apparently it was just a Vegan milkshake - and someone forwarded the recipe for a concrete shake to the cops after the fact.

I can understand the confusion, in this case.
https://youtu.be/TVOwrihZfY4

It is true, here is a Youtube "news" link covering it
How reputable is that channel, though? I mean, anyone can say just about anything on the internet and at least sound like they believe it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has so much as a nodding acquaintance with reality.
That I honestly couldn't say, I went down several links just to find one that was not specifically either Fox, or Blaze TV and more than the 38 seconds that one of the other outlets gave the issue. There is also a link to The Oregonian, I think, one of the more local, (to Portland) papers that covered it somewhat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rebel_Media
The Rebel is Canada's answer to Breitbart and far enough to the right that the Conservative Party of Canada no longer deals with them on an official basis.
Oh, those folks. They certainly give the impression that they think The Protocols of the Elders of Zion wasn't forged. Given that apparent level of disregard for facts, I can't take them seriously.
Alright, here is a written CNN article on the subject, you all know how much I don't trust CNN, but I will throw it out in support of The Rebel,
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/02/opinions/...index.html

Also, there is a more recent Vox article basically blaming Ngo for what happened
And Vox may have a point, but as I've seen no evidence whatsoever of Ngo provoking the crowd and the highly violent response of the crowd to his presence I have my doubts. It appears that footage is lost, if it ever existed.

Also, the CNN article has a very good point. Violent groups of any sort should be forced to unmask and stand trial for their actions. It's a key component of any sensible legal system that all parties be known by their actual identity.
I agree with you Hazard, and this is why, as noted in the CNN article that Georgia reinstated their requirement that to hold a public rally you must show your face.

As for Vox, I doubt there was footage of it, and while I am sure they will claim that this is because Ngo's footage is the only footage of the incident, that may because other reporters have been beat as well, or so a headline i saw claimed. From what I understand, Ngo was planning on livestreaming the protest and then the incident happened.

As for AntiFa, this is not the first time this breach of them, (I won't give them the classification of cell YET) has resorted to blatant violence in public in Portland and gotten away with it.
So, I went checking up on this last night. Turns out that the Milkshake was not cement, no police reports were filed, and footage has come out of 'peaceful Andy' threatening and abusing the anti-fascism crowd for several minutes before getting milkshaked and silly string.

And now he's making noise about how anti-facist activists threw hammers at a Proud Boys vehicle at another protest. Turns out the hammer actually belonged to the Nazi wannabes in the hilariously bad mad max cosplay bus, and they'd thrown it at the crowd first. Andy is now doubling down and saying it was preemptive self-defense.

... I don't think he's a very good reporter.