Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: READ ME. ABOUT DW5 CONTINUITY.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This will also be going into the DW FAQ, which is in beta right now (see post in DW General).

Oh! My Brother!, and thus Drunkard's Walk V, are in an alternate universe from canon Oh! My Goddess. It is a wildly divergent timeline (wild divergence #1 being our favorite apotheosized Canadian). If there is a canon conflict between Oh! My Brother! and Oh! My Goddess, Oh! My Brother! wins, because that's the storyline Doug's visiting.

If you need to identify when the story takes place relative to events in the canon timeline, Drunkard's Walk V is placed sometime before the canon's "Lord of Terror" arc. Besides that being Chris's designated point in time for OMB, it also happens to coincide nicely to the extent of Bob's exposure to the manga.

As for characters from beyond that point, well, it might be nice if they appear, but first both Chris and I have to a) know about them, b) know them well enough to write them, and c) have a story reason for using them (or get a big enough kick from a cameo). Furthermore, Chris is final arbiter on who gets to live in his universe, and if he doesn't like, say, Hasegawa, well, Tokyo City Records will suddenly be missing a birth certificate...

Is that clear, everyone?

-- Bob
---------
Single Stage To Orbit: Rockets like God and Heinlein intended them!