Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Another first...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, yesterday morning I was reading the board when a "new user registration" banner popped up.  I may have mentioned it before, but in case I haven't, most of the folks here won't be aware that when someone requests membership, I send out a little email from the admin address asking them where they heard about the board.  If I don't hear anything back in 48 hours, I assume they're a spammer -- and I tell them so in the email.  I also check their IP at stopforumspam.com.

So, this new member... the IP turns up one record at Stop Forum Spam, like he's a brand new spammer just starting out.  It's also for the same email address used to create their membership, so it's pretty obvious what's going on. But I have my procedure, so like ten minutes after this guy requested membership I sent out the email.

Three hours later, for the very first time, I get an email back from the spammer.

Who apparently is upset that I don't automatically allow him to blithely traipse through my board, sprinkling semi-literate scam pitches as he goes.  He responds with a short, pithy and obscene message apparently intended to insult me, but which reads more like a six-year-old with a dirty mouth wrote it.  Not sure what it was supposed to accomplish -- it certainly wasn't going to get his membership approved.  Sorry, guy...
Pardon me while I laugh at this, I don't wish spammers on anyone, but Jesus, entitled asshole needs a clue.
Oh heavens. This makes me think of wazziz name who has made a comedy carreer out of torquing spammers and Ijits who have mis typed phone numbers for IM's and the like
can we have a transcript?
Quote:can we have a transcript?
Spammers want the eyeballs on them - why give them what they want?
It should still be in my trash folder, I can probably find it when I get home tonight. And no worries about promoting the spammer -- there is/was nothing identifiable about them or their pitch in what they sent me.