Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Competition #5: The Kangaroo Joke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Competition #5: The Kangaroo Joke
Quote:A kangaroo walks into a bar and orders a vodka martini. The bartender gives the kangaroo his drink and the kangaroo gives him a $10 bill.

The bartender figures kangaroos don't know anything about money and only gives him $2 back in change, then says, "We don't get many kangaroos in here."

The kangaroo says, "And at eight bucks for a martini you're not going to see very many more!" and walks out.

Above, the Kangaroo Joke. Competitors are invited to retell this joke in the style of a genre, author or famous celebrity.
So, this is probably my favorite competition, to the point where I can still recite from memory some of the entries twenty or so years since I misplaced the book it was in. Henny Youngman is, of course, easy -- it was the original joke word for word. But my favorite of them all was the Edgar Allan Poe pastiche:

Quote:Once upon a midnight dreary
Waiting for the owner Cleary
For to come and take me weary
From the bar and lock the door,
In there came a hopping mammal
To the bar and lit a Camel.
Then it ordered a martini --
Damnedest thing I ever saw.

"Vodka," it said, "Stolichnaya.
Pile the ice a little higher.
Less vermouth, I like it dryer.
And an olive, por favor."
Thinking fast to make a few bucks,
Back from ten I gave it two bucks,
Saying, "You're a strange one, mister,
Never seen your type before."
"At these prices? Nevermore!"
Indeed. Not even going to try and compete with THAT. Now us other blokes... Maybe?
The Kangaroo Joke, in the style of Steven Wright

A kangaroo walks into a bar, orders a martini, and gets shortchanged. The barman says "We don't get many kangaroos here." The kangaroo answers "At this price, you won't get many more."