Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Splitting Chapter 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because chapter three is so freaking huge, and has been taking so long to finish (how the hell could a simple tutoring scene be giving me so much trouble?), I'm considering splitting it in half, and getting the first part out to the prereaders before the end of the week.  A quick check at about the halfway point shows me I actually have two good places where I could break the chapter, so this won't be as bad as I'd feared.  I just need to come up with a new title and pull quotes for the first half, as the current ones apply mostly to the back half...
Whatever you want to do, Boss. We'll be eagerly awaiting what you give us.
Think of it as also my contribution to entertaining those isolating themselves. <grin>
YAY!!!!
So in case you didn't notice the updated announcement banner, chapter 3 has indeed been split into 3 and 4, at 166Kb and 128Kb respectively. (And I estimate that 4 is approximately 2/3 done at this point, judging by the plot points left to hit.)
And chapter 3 has gone to the prereaders.
Ahhh yiiiz.

Now I need to get my ass moving on one or two things. Tongue
I needed this sooo much. Thanks, Bob.

Hey! The Snickers Hole - it's working!
You're welcome, DJ.
Quick update: I'm waiting to hear back from the last of the prereaders before I mark up the story for the site.
(04-05-2020, 08:28 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]Quick update:  I'm waiting to hear back from the last of the prereaders before I mark up the story for the site.

C'mon last prereader, hurry up! You know who you are.

(But I don't)
Well, the particular set of comments I was waiting for came in last night, and well that I waited for it. One amusing thing the prereader pointed out is that a detail I picked up off the new Viz translations is going to conflict with "established canon" from the 90s translation. Can't wait for the emails I'm likely to get over that.

Anyway, unless something more is waiting for me in my inbox at the end of the day today, I'll be posting tonight.
(fires up the email client...)

No, just kidding.