Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Russia offered bounties for US soldiers in Afghanistan, and Trump's known for months
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What the unholy fuck.

And for months, your president has been sucking up to Putin.
Beau sums this up perfectly.

Like he said. There's been a lot of shit that has gone on that should be utterly unbelievable.

But it's not. Because Trump will either gleefully admit to it like a kid waving around the blue ribbon he got in the science fair, or his staff will work overtime trying to get in front of it.
The post that got deleted was about this, but because I don't feel like rewriting: Basically any option of what happened means that someone in national security is either (A) grossly incompetent in a way that could cost lives, (B) acting in a malicious manner, potentially on behalf of Russians, (C) acting in a patriotic manner because they consider the President to be a national security risk. No matter who is blamed, or who is really at fault, one of these terrible things must be true.
Any are depressingly plausible, but I tend to think incompetence or malice are less likely in positions that actually have procedures better than a nationwide popularity contest (which even then went to the loser by straight counting) to screen them out, so I'd lean more to C myself. IIRC, there have already been reported instances of the like happening with other segments of the antipresident's staff.
And after blaming the media for leaking information, Trump has now shifted to the 'that doesn't exist' stage of his dodging consequences cycle.
I'm personally of the opinion that all three are true for at least one person in the story.  I mean, someone has to be the Russian spy, right?  It's not like Trump ever did a good job staying away from Butina and Manafort, you know?  At least one person probably decided not to tell the president, because they thought he'd screw it up.  And finally, there's so much incompetence to go around.

And on the topic of obvious Russian spies, any one see Space Force on Netflix?  It's very good.  I've read some bad reviews, but feel like they were expecting some other show.  Like, a takedown of the President to vent anger.  Or maybe politics stopped being funny to them?  I went through a period like that a year ago.  What you get is a show about relationships, and people trying to do their jobs, even when POTUS tells them to do something impossible.  And John Malcovich playing the straight man, which is just a thing of beauty.
VoteVets ad - Benedict Donald