Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Stupid dialog, free to a good home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
This is so, but I don't know anyone who actually says "aluminum foil" rather than "tinfoil," so...
"Sure, going back in time and killing Kalbfleisch before he can start World War II sounds like a good idea, but who's to say that Goebbels or von Ribbentrop or somebody we don't even know about wouldn't just take his place?"
The manuscript was highly illuminated, with icons of angels decorating the borders. "Looks like a seraph font to me."
"Nah, it's a seraph font when the angels are the letters."
"He's the kind of person who studies for a Myers-Briggs test."
(10-15-2020, 09:54 PM)ECSNorway Wrote: [ -> ]"When the question is Nazis, violence is always a correct answer."

This applies any group of people that believe peer-pressure reinforced cultural brainwashing, public shaming and/or the isolation/removal of 'bad elements' from 'correct thinking' society are acceptable methods to deal with anyone who exercises their right to express a contrary opinion. Not all Nazi's wear red, white and black.
(12-13-2021, 02:56 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: [ -> ]This is so, but I don't know anyone who actually says "aluminum foil" rather than "tinfoil," so...

Weird Al Yankovic Smile

https://youtu.be/urglg3WimHA
(11-24-2022, 06:15 PM)ksai Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2021, 02:56 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: [ -> ]This is so, but I don't know anyone who actually says "aluminum foil" rather than "tinfoil," so...

Weird Al Yankovic Smile

https://youtu.be/urglg3WimHA

Me, my wife and her family.
Me and most midwesterners I know.
Anyway, we're veering wildly off-topic here.
I already know where and when I'm going to use this line, but I'll add it to the list anyway.

"That's the most ridiculous thing that I've ever wanted to believe."
Oh, good. It wasn't a euphemism; we really were sent to another dimension.

Which meant we were isekai characters now.
"I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Oh, but I'm going to kill you anyway, so listen up..."
"An apple a day keeps you the fairest in the land!"

Actually, I think I'll go pop this into the Minakoisms thread in DW-S as well... Wink

edit: "On the one hand, getting Peggy Sue'd forty years back to 1983 would let me fix a whole lot of stupid decisions. On the other hand, no cat videos for twenty years..."
"I guess I should get going. I'm not sure if I can honestly thank you for filling me in about all the dangerous wildlife around here, but hopefuloly it'll help keep me out of trouble in between the nightmares."

"So long now! Keep an eye out for burrow burros!"

"Burro burros? What do those do?"

"Burrow burros burrow burrow burro burrows."

"..."

"Aye, that one does kind of circle 'round in your head 'till it bites it's own tail."

Wink Tongue Big Grin
"I do not seek to orbit the Sun. I am of the Moon! My celestial mechanics are different! Grant me the power to bring the world rotation!"
--Tsukino Usagi
"we're going camping near the ocean... for all in tents, and porpoises."
This one -- not sent! -- is what happens when work-brain and otaku-brain collide

"No, Office 365 does not include Vivio."
(in a fic thread where the cheerfully derpy Marin from My Dress-Up Darling/Sono Bique Doll something something is a main character)

I Wrote:Her facepalm shall be legendary. Patrick Stewart will watch memes of it on the internet and be like "I can't even..."
I really have to get my hands on My Dress-Up Darling and check it out, because from everything I've learned second-hand about it, "cheerfully derpy" would not have been a phrase I would have expected to be associated with Marin.
Might just be the fic writer's interpretation - I haven't watched it myself yet. (And not linking the fic, because it's a smut and some of the characters - de-aged Marin included - end up uncomfortably young for those bits.) She's hardly always a derp even then, just has a tendency to get distracted. Definitely cheerful, though.
"If you know the consistency of your batter and the heat of the pan, you need not fear one burnt side in a hundred pancakes. If you know your batter but not the pan, for every perfect pancake one will come out poorly. If you know neither your batter nor the pan, you will waste the entire batch!"

- Nora Tsu, The Art of Pancakes
"Emergency, emergency! All hams on deck!"

I was initially thinking of this as a Minakoism, but couldn't come up with a suitable situation so It's here instead.
Friday Evening Rush at Skinners Steamed Hams..... Upstate New York style Bar and Grill
(07-09-2023, 02:22 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: [ -> ]"Emergency, emergency! All hams on deck!"

I was initially thinking of this as a Minakoism, but couldn't come up with a suitable situation so It's here instead.

Odyssius after his crew visited Circe's island. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6