Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Is anybody else having trouble reaching Twitter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the last few days, I've been getting:

Quote:The site at https://twitter.com/Cmdr_Hadfield has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

It doesn't matter which Twitter feed I'm trying to look at in my browser. (Most recent Firefox, fully patched, on Win10)
I can get right to that page with no difficulty at this very moment. I don't usually read anything on Twitter, so I haven't been on it at all in the last few days. Still, if I can get on, maybe it's something local/regional to you?
Well, I checked my uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger settings. That fixed the "no images on ATT" issue, but didn't fix the network error with Twitter...
I suppose this is what they mean by “download the app for a better experience.”
It loads fine for me

But twitter goes utterly spastic when I try scroll through, twits jumping up and down on the page as they load and unload and re-arrange themselves.
(10-08-2020, 01:48 PM)Dartz Wrote: [ -> ]It loads fine for me

But twitter goes utterly spastic when I try scroll through, twits jumping up and down on the page as they load and unload and re-arrange themselves.

That's just an inherent part of the app experience, or, at least, it's one I've encountered frequently and complained about often. What I really love* is when I see just enough of a tweet to think it looks interesting before being flung to another part of my timeline like the world's worst Billy Pilgrim tribute act. Almost as much fun is when it jumps away from a tweet just as I've tapped the Like icon, but before I can retweet it.

* A turd in the bed, Spider Jerusalem assures me, is a sign of great love in some cultures -- mostly the ones he made up to justify displaying his gratitude to Channon and Yelena for the dubiously licensed videogame Outlaw Hack.