Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Yes, It's Supposed To Be Snowing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you've only joined the forums in the last year, you will not know that I turn on a snow effect for the winter holidays.  If you don't like it, you can turn it off by following these simple steps:
  • Go to your control panel (the "User CP" link)
  • Under "Your Profile", select "Edit Options"
  • Under "Other Options", check/uncheck "Should the snowflakes be displayed?"
Huh. I guess it is that time of year. Again.

This is the only time I actually see snow falling. Unless I visit my dad in WY.
Bump for the season.
Bob, thank you for choosing a snow plugin that can be turned off.
You're welcome.
I'll leave it on, seems fairly non-intrusive.
On days when I have to shovel the real thing, seeing it on the forums can be a touch dispiriting... as in "I just cleaned that up".

But, yeah... for folks south of the border, it's no doubt a welcome sight.
Depends on HOW far south of the Border, Rob.

For myself, I'm SO far south... Well, refer back to my last post
And given that we've now passed Twelfth Night, I've turned it off for another 11 months.
Does it count as ironic or just coincidence that today is the first time we got any snow that lasted long enough to see the sun go down? (But don't worry, climate change is a myth! Who's gonna complain about easy winters anyway?/s)
Bump once more for the season.
Hey Bob, Any chance that next year's flakes could accumulate at the bottom of the browser window? We have had so little actual snow so far this season ...

Kilroy
Are you mad, man? You want snow to accumulate? My ideal snowstorm is one that acts like the forum plug-in -- it's very pretty while falling, but disappears when it hits the ground.
What he said. If you want snow to accumulate, you get to shovel it.
Smile
Isn't there some extention called ScriptMonkey, or something like that? I continually see people on SB/SV talking about how invisible text is fine because you can just add a script in it to make it not invisible as if that makes any kind of sense compared to just not using invisible text for something people are supposed to see, but I'm sure you could leverage it to make a snowdrift image stick to the bottom of the window like menu bars stick to the top on a lot of sites if you wanted to.
Once again, a bump for the season.