Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Cursed Thread, 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Kicking off the parade for 2021, Liam Reilly, Lead singer of Bagatelle

Very much an Irish one. The band that were expected to do what U2 did

Not yesterday, but...

NYT, today: Tanya Roberts, a Charlie’s Angel and a Bond Girl, Is Dead at 65

Quote:Tanya Roberts, the breathy-voiced actress who found fame in the 1980s as a detective on “Charlie’s Angels” and as a brave earth scientist in the James Bond film “A View to a Kill,” died on Monday night in Los Angeles. She was 65.
And since I posted my retraction, the retraction was retracted. <sigh>
RIP Marion Ramsey, best-known for playing Officer Hooks in Police Academy
Goodbye Siegfried (& Roy). Pancreatic cancer. (Roy died last year, Covid).
'Julie Strain, the model, actress and Heavy Metal muse, died on January 10 after a long battle with dementia.'
Peter Mark Richman, who among over 500 roles appeared as Human Popsicle Ralph Offenhouse on ST:TNG episode "The Neutral Zone." Offenhouse is noteworthy for giving an unsolicited assessment about a species (Romulans) he'd never encountered before:  "They haven't got a clue! They're hoping you know, but they're too arrogant to ask!"  Riker snapped that the man was out of line.  Picard, though, agreed that Offenhouse had correctly judged the Romulans' motives.
Fantasy author Storm Constantine after a long illness
RIP James Cross, one of the two political hostages whose kidnapping by the FLQ in the 1960s brought on the use of the War Measures Act in Canada.
Mira Furlan (actress from Babylon 5 and Lost)
https://nerdbot.com/2021/01/21/mira-furl...3YalxnAiqw
Well, crap.
... and yet he still hits it out of the park, just as he did in life
RIP Larry King

No cause of death given, but he had been hospitalized for COVID-19.
Gregory Sierra, regular on Sanford and Son and Barney Miller, among many other roles.  Age 83; cancer.
On the Passing of Mira Furlan

Apparently cause of death was West Nile virus
Jan 8: Dr. Brad J Cox PhD Creator of the Objective-C computer programming language
Cloris Leachman has died at the age of 94.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/27/cloris-l...at-94.html
Cicely Tyson, 96.  Two days after releasing her memoir, Just As I Am.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8