Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Proud Boys designated as a terrorist group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At least, they are in Canada as of today, along with a dozen other white nationalist and neo-Nazi groups.

Quote:The federal government will now classify the Proud Boys (a neo-fascist organization with chapters in Canada and the U.S.), the Atomwaffen Division, AWD (a group that calls for acts of violence against racial, religious and ethnic groups), and the Base (another neo-Nazi organization that advocates for violence to incite a race war), as terrorist entities under the Criminal Code.

The government considers these three groups, along with another new addition, the Russian Imperial Movement (a Russian paramilitary group with ties to neo-Nazi groups worldwide), as "ideologically motivated violent extremists."

The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) defines the term as extremism driven by a range of grievances and ideas from across the traditional ideological spectrum.

It is not necessarily a crime to be a member of these groups, but designating an organization as a terrorist entity can have serious criminal and financial consequences.

Banks can now freeze assets and police can charge anyone who financially or materially supports such a group.
So what happens if we Americans expel the Proud Boys founder, Gavin McInnes, and send him back to Canada? I've had just about enough of immigrants like him coming to the US just to cause trouble.
I find it particularly appropriate the "the Base" is the literal translation of "al-Qaeda."  Of course, the U.S. version is Y'all-Qaeda.

-----
I'm a very forgiving person ... on Lord Vader's terms.  "Apology accepted, Captain."
(02-03-2021, 03:27 PM)Labster Wrote: [ -> ]So what happens if we Americans expel the Proud Boys founder, Gavin McInnes, and send him back to Canada?  I've had just about enough of immigrants like him coming to the US just to cause trouble.

He's in the US on a Green Card, but (I think) he's been kicked out of the Proud Boys, so uh...

We'd probably have to take him and then wait for him to mess up within Canada. 

He could also end up in the UK since he has dual citizenship.
The Atomwaffen Division? There's a worrisome name (it translates to 'atomic weapons division').
Like the Atomic Boy Scout only as a group glorifying Nazism instead of having done their best to break and obscure all past connections with the Hitler Youth? That is a little worrisome, yes.
Now we just need the kid gloves off and do the same here in the US.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/politics/...index.html
Quote:“Homeland Security officials battled the White House for more than a year to get them to focus more on domestic terrorism,” one senior source close to the Trump administration tells CNN. “The White House wanted to focus only on the jihadist threat which, while serious, ignored the reality that racial supremacist violence was rising fast here at home. They had major ideological blinders on.”