Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Well, *that* took entirely too long.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been stuck on a combat scene for weeks, if not months.

I have finally powered through it, which is why the running count for chapter 4 at the forum top just jumped 11K.  I do have to tie it all off yet, but I think I just bludgeoned the hard part into a manageable paste.

I will tell you now... episode nine is likely to be the last thing from the first season's original plot that will be vaguely recognizable for quite a while.
Progress! Yay! Divergence from canon! Yay!
I'm veeeerry eager to see it when its up. Love readin bout Doug's shennanigans.
Heading into the home stretch now... but I just reread my notes for the chapter climax and I'm realizing just what task I set myself here. Soooo much easier to jot a single sentence down -- "and then this happens" -- than to describe how it happens (and sometimes why). At this rate the chapter is going to end up nearly 300K when it's done, and it does not lend itself toward further subdivision.
(03-08-2021, 02:11 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: [ -> ]Progress! Yay! Divergence from canon! Yay!

I trust the results are to your liking.  <grin>

And boy, did I call it on the final length, or what?
I've honestly not even started yet... Even having kicked DWS to the "immediate" queue, I'm still around 100k away... so I'll probably start the reread sometime this evening or in the small hours? I'm not sure I'll have anything particularly useful to say anyway; like I said in the TNB thread I'm not super into Sailor Moon to begin with, mainly knowing it from the fad of Ranma crossovers in the mid-to-late nineties and a couple more since the turn of the century.
Departure from canon could very well be caused by Loon's belief (my assumption for purpose of discussion here) that the canon story he knows about isn't his idea of how these girls should have behaved.  I haven't yet read the Heart of Steel series although I have read DWII and its sequel Dead Bang with its effects upon the sailor senshi.  I'm just wondering if Heart of Steel would change focus upon Sailor Jupiter's return to Crystal Tokyo after Chapter 9 of DWII-Dead Bang.  Since Dead Bang has Sailor Jupiter recommended that a different scout replace her in order to work and monitor Sailor Loon, that senshi would become missing out of Heart of Steel too.

**Followup**
Ohh, I see my opinion above is entirely wrong since the ToC shows Heart of Steel isn't in the timeline of DWII.   I should have read Heart of Steel before I commented.