Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [IC] News from the Metacontinuity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Atlanta woman wakes up to find a serval cat on her bed

I guess the Kemono Friends turned up in Atlanta, guys.
(07-04-2021, 12:45 AM)Labster Wrote: [ -> ] Atlanta woman wakes up to find a serval cat on her bed

I guess the Kemono Friends turned up in Atlanta, guys.

Link didn't work. It appears to have an unwanted leading space in the URL. I've fixed it above.
SpaceX paused Starlink launches to give its internet satellites lasers. Thousands of laser satellites in LEO, what could go wrong?
Which Bond film is this again? I mean, in my defence I've only watched most of them during wakeathons, and so have only the haziest recollections
(08-26-2021, 10:40 PM)nocarename Wrote: [ -> ]Which Bond film is this again? I mean, in my defence I've only watched most of them during wakeathons, and so have only the haziest recollections

Diamonds Are Forever, IIRC.
(08-28-2021, 11:47 PM)Labster Wrote: [ -> ]Third grader solves NP-Complete math worksheet. Nanoha, is that you?
I was going to tell you that your link is broken but after looking at the source code I figured out the problem: there's an extraneous space in your bbcode between "url=" and the actual URL.
Fixed that in the original post. I tried to fix it last night but missed that small detail; thanks for catching it, Raven.
That's because my iphone annoyingly wants to add spaces when I paste, automatically. I'm wise to your plans now, Apple.

Radiation Levels on the Moon Are Alarmingly High
That's not great but it's not terrible either.

1.4 millisieverts a day isn't really that much.
(09-18-2021, 05:05 PM)Labster Wrote: [ -> ]That's because my iphone annoyingly wants to add spaces when I paste, automatically.  I'm wise to your plans now, Apple.

Radiation Levels on the Moon Are Alarmingly High

So we have to be on guard against a ridiculously-small explosion blasting the Moon out of orbit?
I would be. I mean, can the conservation of momentum really be trusted, or is that yet another hoax like vaccines?
(10-08-2021, 09:24 PM)Labster Wrote: [ -> ]Government shutdown begins in earnest after Lupin nicks trillion-dollar coin

OOC: To be honest, I wish we did things the way the Japanese do.  Their smallest bills are for 1,000 Yen, and they have 500 Yen and 100 Yen coins - both of which vending machines happily accept.  (Many also accept 1,000 Yen bills, but you won't always get a 500 Yen coin back as change.  Usually it'll be 100 Yen coins.)
(looks from across the border, where any defeat of a spending bill triggers an immediate general election) Haven't you folks solved that pesky budget issue yet?

And there's a flaw in the proposal: Who's going to buy the $1trillion coin (or accept it as payment) in order for the government to get the seigniorage to spend on the budget? Even Mark Twain knew how difficult that would be, and he was working with an amount three orders of magnitude smaller than that, adjusted for inflation.

(At least we can sell $1million coins... and it looks like Lupin got one of those, too.)
Lupin steals lots of impossible-to-fence items, though not on the same scale as Carmen Sandiego. A lot of it he just collects, as he’s a man of taste. That $1M coin stolen in March 2017 was Lupin, but Fujiko got away with it in the end.

Also, Rob misunderstands our fine and elegant system of government. The budget bills have already passed, it’s just that Congress refuses to fund the debt incurred to pay for its budgets.
(10-15-2021, 08:00 PM)Labster Wrote: [ -> ]A New Zealand city is taking its official wizard off the payroll after over 2 decades

"He not only created his own social identity which includes living in an alchemical marriage but, as an ex-academic cultural theorist and experimentalist, he designed the existential universe he has been living in since 1972."

No, no, no - it's espers who have their own Personal Reality, not mages.
(10-15-2021, 08:37 PM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2021, 08:00 PM)Labster Wrote: [ -> ]A New Zealand city is taking its official wizard off the payroll after over 2 decades

"He not only created his own social identity which includes living in an alchemical marriage but, as an ex-academic cultural theorist and experimentalist, he designed the existential universe he has been living in since 1972."

No, no, no - it's espers who have their own Personal Reality, not mages.

Not the in World of Darkness. Cool
Yeah, I'm starting to suspect Rob is part of the Technocracy.
Pages: 1 2 3