Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: PIGS HAVE FLOWN (Super Robot Wars is available in the US and Europe)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/89875...t_Wars_30/

See this, this is Super Robot Wars 30, the first licensed game in a 30-year-old franchise that is legally purchasable in the United States and Europe without importing with a full official English translation.

I just pre-ordered this and can confirm it's real, it's not a joke, somehow, the absolute nightmare of licensing issues that prevented this series from seeing western shores (aside from fan translations and the GBA Original Generation games with all original stuff) has been worked past, we can now get this without importing.

If this is clown world, get me my floppy shoes, red nose and grease paint, cause this is insanity I can totally appreciate
My first guess would be the recent agreement in the age-old Studio Nue vs. Harmony Gold dispute over Macross was the last stumbling block, since everyone else had been on board in the rest of the world already. If so, this is an excellent sign with regard to the possibility of actually getting new Macross merch at retail prices instead of paying grey-market import markups and international shipping, and access to internet-preorder-only collector stuff without needing a friend on the ground with Japanese IP and shipping addresses.
(07-13-2021, 11:24 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: [ -> ]My first guess would be the recent agreement in the age-old Studio Nue vs. Harmony Gold dispute over Macross was the last stumbling block, since everyone else had been on board in the rest of the world already. If so, this is an excellent sign with regard to the possibility of actually getting new Macross merch at retail prices instead of paying grey-market import markups and international shipping, and access to internet-preorder-only collector stuff without needing a friend on the ground with Japanese IP and shipping addresses.

Given that stumbling block scotched the very first SRW Alpha from being released in the US and has hobbled use of Macross-related properties ever since you are likely right on that score.

From what I'm given to understand, SRW 30's directors have confirmed they intend to bring back everyone (or as close to it) from all other licensed series that originated on the Z3 engine onward, as DLC. Since that includes Macross Frontier and Macross 7 Dynamite (who debuted in Z2 and returned in Z3), which otherwise would never see the West in any official sense, that would square with your assumption.
I do feel the i have to point out the last 3 games had English Releases you could import but yeah, this being on Steam is pretty damn cool... and that preorder announcement of the friggin SRX and Cybuster as playable units...

Can you tell i fanboy this series?
(07-14-2021, 11:43 AM)Drenivian Wrote: [ -> ]I do feel the i have to point out the last 3 games had English Releases you could import but yeah, this being on Steam is pretty damn cool... and that preorder announcement of the friggin SRX and Cybuster as playable units...

Can you tell i fanboy this series?

Same. And yeah, I own V, T, and X on the Switch, but being able to buy it all in my home country without importing is awesome.
More pigs have flown.

We have a console debut of SAKURA WARS in a mainline SRW game. Fans have been wanting this for nearly two decades.
Not SRW related, but still a flying pork situation

Mel Brooks to make History of the World part 2 (as an eight episode miniseries on Hulu, due out in 2022)
https://www.slashfilm.com/636257/history...ming-back/