Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [meta] 3D modeling - one Goddess found, (mumble) to go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Allowing for the limitations of the model, that is a MUCH better Bell-smile. Just for some reason I don't see her as being the sort to have "bee-stung collagen injection" lips. Not a deal breaker though.

But, yeah, the "family resemblance" is there, much more than Fujishima's own work. Wink
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Looking great, Mark. Thanks!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote:robkelk wrote:

Quote:Mark Skarr wrote:

The funny thing is now Urd looks cross-eyed to me.
Only because it's been pointed out to you - she's no more or less cross-eyed than Belldandy or Skuld are.
You're right, because I used the wrong term (was really tired last night and couldn't get to sleep).  She has a lazy-eye now.  Her left eye is too far off to the left.  I look at 3d models so much, I recognize where they're looking and can track the orientation of their heads that way.  
I agree about the "collagen" lips for Belle, but anything I did to make her lips smaller made her . . . scary.  Belle and Skuld are actually using the same face, just tweaked more, in Belle's case.  I enlarged the eyes in both cases, Skulds more than Belle's.  I also narrowed Belle's mouth and nose.  And, what keeps Urd looking like them is that the faces came from the same artist, Rebelmommy.  When I look at faces, if it's not Rebelmommy, or Sarsa or Thorne (or in some awesome cases Sarsa and Thorne), I don't look much further.
Here's the image after 5.4k samples and 52 hours in engine.
[Image: DWVJ-4.jpg]
Mark Skarr Wrote:When I look at faces, if it's not Rebelmommy, or %[link=http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=38567]Sarsa] or %[link=http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=2605]Thorne] (or in some awesome cases Sarsa and Thorne), I don't look much further.
I have more than a few of Thorne's faces on my wishlist... I wasn't aware of Rebelmommy or Sarsa's work, though.

One other face artist I like is http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/inde ... ndor=Godin]Godin - his "Arella" is the face I was going to use for Skuld before you beat me to it.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Very nice. Oh, and if you haven't seen it yet, Mark, I've replied to your mail.
-- Bob
---------
Per our conversation, how does the gold text look?
[Image: DWVCoverFinalPostJ.jpg]
Quote:Per our conversation, how does the gold text look?
Harder to read than I expected. Maybe we should stick with the white after all.
-- Bob
---------
I can tone it down a bit, but it does look less metallic.
[Image: DWVCoverFinalPostJ-1.jpg]
Works for me. I've just saved a copy locally, and when we're done with Peggy's birthday fun tonight, if I have time I'll make the page thumbnail and set everything up. Thank you!
ETA:  What kind of credits (name, link, etc.) would you like me to include on the page?
-- Bob
---------
Happy Birthday, Peggy!
(sorry for shouting, but she may not be able to hear me, otherwise)
If you know the resolution you want it in, I've still got the PSD from making the image, I can resample and post it.
You can credit me as William "Mark Skarr" Briggs.
I'll pass the greeting along to her, thanks. (I usually ask everyone to offer birthday wishes in a thread in the General/General board, but I forgot this year. )

The resolution here I think is fine -- any larger and it'd be inconvenient to look at the full-size image, or would have to be shrunk to fit the screen anyway.

Just your name, nothing else?
-- Bob
---------
Yeah, I don't have a website or anything else, just my name is fine.
With a few fixes they made to Lux (we've had 3 additional releases between when the picture was finished and now), I wanted to go back and correct my lighting issue.  How does this look, or do you prefer the original?
ETA:  Once again, foot-in-mouth, the Final release candidate of Lux came out and I missed the announcement.  So, now we're at 4 additional releases.
[Image: DWVCoverFinalMk2J.jpg]
Huh. It's got a lot more of the "real photo" feel to it. I like it.

I've got a bunch of updates for the site backlogged; I'll have to add this to it.
-- Bob
---------
Bob Schroeck Wrote:Huh. It's got a lot more of the "real photo" feel to it. I like it.

I'll work on cleaning it up a bit when I have time and do another render.
I want to remove some of the shine from Urd.  MonkeyFist also thinks I need to lighten Urd up.  Comments on that?
I don't know about lightening her, but the shading/light on her face is a bit too sharp, and makes her look like she's wearing a mask, now that I look.
-- Bob
---------
Bob Schroeck Wrote:I don't know about lightening her, but the shading/light on her face is a bit too sharp, and makes her look like she's wearing a mask, now that I look.
That's the shine I was talking about.  I need to track it down and beat it with a hammer.  It wasn't an issue when I was only getting ambient light through, but now that I can use the Sun . . ..  I need to remove it.
You know, something's been throwing me about Skuld's build for a while now, but it just hit me... her shoulders are too broad! Is there a way to fix that?
I'll take a look when I get finished with the pic I'm working on now.
ETA: Link to pic, not DW related.  Well, maybe not.
Hmmm... makes me want to write a one-shot about a Dresden-esque mage having a chance meeting with Urd and calling it Well Met By Moonlight. More in the OPFF Forum.
Well, I finished the pic of Krystal, or at least as far as I'm happy with for now.  (She's Krystal Rose, Rose's daughter; if and when I get around to it, that'll probably be the cover for Sins of the Daughter).  So, I'm throwing DW5 cover back in the engine.
I've pulled a lot of the glare off of Urd.  Even at only 2 samples/pixel she looks better all ready.
I've changed Skuld's build a bit, she has wider hips and a more slender build, but you can't see a bunch of it.  Is it wrong when the first thing I say after loading the scene is "All righty, I need to get Skuld's clothes off her to get a better look at her."  In fact, that gives me a silly idea.
It's hard to tell that I did anything at all to Skuld . . ..  And I don't mean that in the pervert-tense.
Urd's high-pro-glow is much less annoying.  I haven't fixed her tattoos yet, I'm a bit too tired to try.  I'll see about it tomorrow, after another 600 samples or so.
ETA:  Updated again.  This time I fixed Urd's markings, but I think they're oversaturated.  Been busy over the weekend so didn't have much time to work on it.
[Image: DWVCoverFinalMk2bj.jpg]
Yes, they are over saturated. (for those of you who are wondering what mark and I are talking about, there's too much actual color in them and one of the ways computers define these things is Hue (the actual color) Saturation (the amount of that color. 0 saturation is black, 100 is pure color) and value (sort of the overall brightness of the color. 0 is so dark it might as well be black while 100 is full brilliance to pure white depending on the color saturation level))
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
SR4, since you know what I'm talking about, do you have any suggestion for what color value I should be using? 
Hard to say so far. What's the saturation your using now? and it might be a case of for some reason the tatto's arnt getting shaded in Lux like they're supposed to be. I'm assuming that you've used the same settings as you did for Bell and Skuld, right? and their tat's dont have that issue.
*looks again*  in fact, Urd's seem to have some sort of independant light source, like they are glowing or something.  Could you have accidentally toggled an Emit setting on them?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7