Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just to torment people.  If you haven't, check out the byte count on chapter 7 up above.
I am writing the last scene before the epilogues right now.  As things are finished, they go to Chris for second pass/approval.  If all goes well, the entire draft chapter should be done by the end of the week.  Which means it'll time for prereader fun.
Just to let you know...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
You sir, are a horrible, horrible tease.

Thanks for the update!

HoagieOfDoom

I have been watching it steadily go up for the past couple of weeks. It's nice to see you getting back to it again after so long.

Looks like it's time to re-read DW-V again.

Not that I'm complaining.
Bob Schroeck Wrote:Just to torment people.  If you haven't, check out the byte count on chapter 7 up above.
I am writing the last scene before the epilogues right now.  As things are finished, they go to Chris for second pass/approval.  If all goes well, the entire draft chapter should be done by the end of the week.  Which means it'll time for prereader fun.
Just to let you know...
Just in time for the long weekend!

(Oh, wait - your long weekend is the week after our long weekend...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Huzzah! Finally, we shall have closure!
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
I've completed the first draft. No promises yet how fast it goes through Chris, second draft, preread, and post-preread edit. But on a very fundamental level it is done.
-- Bob
---------
Churchill Wrote:this is not the end.. it is not even the beginning of the end... it is, however, the end of the beginning....

Smile
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
well, so much for the "When it gets to 200, SELL! err... print? err..." joke I was going to make.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Star Ranger4 Wrote:well, so much for the "When it gets to 200, SELL! err... print? err..." joke I was going to make.
Like today's Facebook IPO, it got there but dropped back...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
As the status note at the top of the forum pages says, the chapter is now in preread.
Edit: spelling fix.  Argh.
-- Bob
---------
Huzzah! Big Grin
The fun has been doubled!
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
And just as one of my favourite fics winds up for an update... the manga actually takes a plot twist that is disturbingly interesting. I might even have to pick it up again.
---------