Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: 3d-art resources and talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The Youth Camp - Camper's Cabin has bunk beds - made and messy - and the set is $1.99 today.

Proper bunk beds... Yes, I'm looking at you, Team RWBY.

EDIT: This is convenient... The new Girly Hana for Genesis 8 Female character is, to the centimeter, the same height as Nanoha. That saves a lot of work fiddling with character height.
Quote:Proper bunk beds... Yes, I'm looking at you, Team RWBY.

Yup. Kris is going to insist on it. No proving how tough you are by sleeping inside potential deathtraps.
Speaking of The Old Dietmeier Place... Our current description reads in part "The oldest parts of the house date back to the 1870s, when Lake Wobegon was first settled", so it's reasonable to assume there's at least one room with some old period-appropriate furniture that everybody kept because it was still good even if it wasn't stylish. And DAZ3D did a "buy eight items from this list for $2.99 total" deal today. So... a Victorian-era rugs, armchair, settee, footstool, and pillows set and a Victorian-era rolltop desk and desk chair set found their way into my collection, along with some more plushies for Minako. (The deal was "eight items" - if I had seven or nine, I'd have had to pay full price - so the furniture gave me a deep discount on the plushies.)

EDIT: Hmmmmm... that rolltop desk and matching chair are English enough that they might find their way into Minako's apartment, too - given a re-staining of the wood so it isn't obvious I'm re-using the set. Assuming I can find room for them.
Any excuse to buy a new 3D asset, eh, Rob? <grin>

But yeah, that desk would go great in whatever Kris uses as an office at TODP.
(06-23-2022, 12:37 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]Any excuse to buy a new 3D asset, eh, Rob? <grin>

Well, not any excuse... just the ones that save me a lot of money. Smile And these sales (probably) end next week.

(06-23-2022, 12:37 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]But yeah, that desk would go great in whatever Kris uses as an office at TODP.
Honestly, the "Victorian" desk chair looks more like a modern "in the style of" design which could work well for Minako, but doesn't work at the Lake Wobegon residence if it's supposed to be actually Victorian. The problem is the pentagonal base. AFAIK, office chairs like that are a recent development. My mom's desk chair, which I'm fairly certain is post-Victorian, has been around since at least the 60's and it has a square base.

As a double-check, I did a search on "Victorian desk chairs."  I found a site that sells actual antique furniture and the listings show exactly one chair with a pentagonal base. All the rest have either triangular or square bases. TBH, I'm not sure that one chair with a pentagonal base is actually a period chair although the listing calls it a "19th-Century Swivel Chair."

That's ignoring the issue of cost. Even a prosperous farmer might have a problem affording the latest in stylish furniture and have to settle for something simpler that's still functional. That applies to the rest of the Victorian furniture., too. Now if you can find some braided rug designs, those would be perfect floor decorations for Lake Wobegone. Back in the day, braided rugs were a way to get every last bit of use out of old fabric, unlike today where they're often bought in stores.
I am so accustomed to seeing pentagonal-base chairs in real life that I didn't even notice that that chair wasn't period-appropriate. Thanks for catching that.

Collective3d Long Island Mansion: "The Collective3d Long Island Mansion is based on the original 1926 floor plans of the infamous 112 Ocean Avenue in Amityville, New York." Fully-modelled exterior and interior for the mansion, fully-modelled exterior for the outbuilding garage. And bathroom plumbing that's modelled to be standalone and looks better than the mishmash that's currently in the Blossom apartments, so I can rip-and-replace. Regular price $29.95, today only $1.99. Yeah, that's a no-brainer, even if we never bring The Amityville Horror into the Metacontinuity.
Today's the final day of the semi-annual sale, so one last deep discount: Bear Clan with dForce Hair for Genesis 8 Male. As long as I use the panda fur pattern, add some weight around the waist, and only shown him from the waist up, I've got Genma covered. Smile

(And I picked up over a dozen plushies throughout the month, so Minako's apartment is good now. Unless classicdrogn figures out how to make a Mokona plushie, or I find that particular stuffed doll that Frenda uses to hide bombs in.)
I seem to recall Soun Tendo wearing something like this on occasion, and it's on the "get it for $8 with coupon" list so I can get it for three-quarters off... so why not get it?
Saw today's new character morph and thought "she's a cutie"... then I looked through the sample renders and saw the two of her with twin-tails, blouse, t-shirt, and shorts, and thought "She's not just a cutie; she's Skuld. Fujishima-san drew her looking almost exactly like that for one of the manga covers; all she needs is a tool belt."

And I already have that twin-tail hairdo (to raid for the floral headband for Kazari Uiharu, of course).
If they're going to give me this for free, I'll take it.

Now to figure out where to use it. ("Stand and shoot" doesn't fit the fighting style of the folks from Remnant. Maybe Mii gets to tour the police station as part of her classes...?)
"Redhawk"? What kind of organization is that supposed to be?

And while I've seen one fic where Team RWBY actually makes use of a firing range (Emergence), I agree, it's not their bag normally. What other residence is highly armed? Maybe Pensacola, for Mal, Zoe and Jayne?
where are the Full Metal Panic characters set up? I suspect Sagera(SP?) would make use of a shooting range at least.

Or the Gunsmith Cats in Chicago
Oh, good points both.

FMP folks are in Philly. I'm not sure how easily a range of that size could be fit into the Steeple. Likewise the house in Chicago, which is Cameron's from Ferris Bueller. Wherever it gets put, it's probably better located as an off-site resource. (Or it's deep underground.)
"Deep underground" makes sense, considering the utility pipes in the corridor.
Well, the listed amenities at the Steeple include a holographic training facility courtesy of Washu. Is this likely to be an extradimensional space and if so, is there any reason for it not to include a firing range?

Note that the Scoobies are likely to want someplace where they can practice with crossbows and the Nanoha cast might want to be able to practice ranged spells.
(07-25-2022, 12:42 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]"Redhawk"? What kind of organization is that supposed to be?

I haven't looked yet, but I should be able to replace that logo.

(07-26-2022, 11:36 PM)Inquisitive Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the listed amenities at the Steeple include a holographic training facility courtesy of Washu. Is this likely to be an extradimensional space and if so, is there any reason for it not to include a firing range?

Note that the Scoobies are likely to want someplace where they can practice with crossbows and the Nanoha cast might want to be able to practice ranged spells.

The one at Blossom is extradimensional, so this one probably is as well.

Another "If they're going to give it to me for free because I'm buying stuff that takes hours off the image-creation process, I'll take it"... but it's a little too retro for 2016 Ottawa. Does it work anywhere else?
(07-27-2022, 07:15 AM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]Another "If they're going to give it to me for free because I'm buying stuff that takes hours off the image-creation process, I'll take it"... but it's a little too retro for 2016 Ottawa. Does it work anywhere else?
Update the cash register and it could be a diner in the Philadelphia area, some of which are deliberately retro. The layout doesn't really match any of the ones I've actually been to though.

After looking at things a little more closely, I don't think the seatbacks in the booths have enough padding.
Oh, god, yes, it looks exactly like Nifty Fifty's.
(07-27-2022, 10:11 PM)Inquisitive Raven Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2022, 07:15 AM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]Another "If they're going to give it to me for free because I'm buying stuff that takes hours off the image-creation process, I'll take it"... but it's a little too retro for 2016 Ottawa. Does it work anywhere else?
Update the cash register and it could be a diner in the Philadelphia area, some of which are deliberately retro. The layout doesn't really match any of the ones I've actually been to though.

After looking at things a little more closely, I don't think the seatbacks in the booths have enough padding.

(07-28-2022, 07:17 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, god, yes, it looks exactly like Nifty Fifty's.

Looks like I can use it, then. Thanks!

Today's "take it, already" item is "Spy Guns". Kaji can carry a PPK.
(07-28-2022, 07:17 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, god, yes, it looks exactly like Nifty Fifty's.

Wait. Nifty Fifty's is still a thing? There used to be one a few blocks from me. (Follows link) Looks like that one moved to 10th and Oregon or something. I didn't know it was there.
I thought it was Nifty Fifty's you were talking about. We used to go to the one that was/is near Bensalem when our friends Kat and Joe lived there.
Nooo. I had more in mind places like the Melrose and the Oregon Diner (especially this one), also a place called the Liberty Bell Diner that I swear used to be on Chestnut near UPenn. I think there may be a brand spanking new Giant supermarket on the site of the last one. Philadelphia's been getting a lot of new high-end supermarkets lately and I don't know how well the city can support all of them.
For today's deep discount list, it cost slightly less to buy six items than to buy four, and I'd already found four that I wanted (including some furniture for practically any one-student bedroom). So, add in Great Hall of the Round Table and Orlean's [sic] Armor for Genesis 8 Male(s) to the cart and assume that The Matter of Britain ends up on the high-fantasy world.

So, any objections to adding The Matter of Britain to the high-fantasy world?
I see Nabiki Tendo bought at least one of the posters for that dorm room...

Quote:Great Hall of the Round Table

Ah! The meeting room of the residential managers! <grin>

Quote:Orlean's [sic] Armor for Genesis 8 Male(s)

Oh, I love the color scheme on the slide titled "material zones". <grin>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6