Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: 3d-art resources and talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now I know why they've been so nice to us all week.

"Get free 3D-printer licenses for what you owned on July 12", but it's only the models that the store owns outright (as opposed to are brokering the sale of)... and you have to go in and request every single license separately. There's over 18,000 models that they own outright and are still selling. (No, you can't request a 3D-printer license for something that they aren't selling any more.)

They already know what we own. They could have automated this.

At least they're giving us a few weeks to go through the list. I'm almost a quarter of the way through, as of this typing.

And, hey, I'm discovering stuff that I bought (or got for free) years ago and had forgotten about - including a Ford 9N tractor with trailer that could reasonably have been forgotten in a barn at the Old Deitmeier Place. Cue Team RWBY and three-quarters of Team JNPR wondering what the heck it is, and Jaune casually hopping onto it and starting it up. Or not starting it up, because the gas tank's empty.
I like that idea... there's a story there.
Seen in the description of Diner Food 4 (while I was going through another batch of items to claim my free 3D-printing licenses):

Quote: DAZ 3D neither condones nor condemns any particular spelling of catsup/ketchup, with the exception of "ketsup" which is clearly wrong. DAZ 3D also acknowledges the rights of people to refer to the condiment as "tomato sauce" or as "red sauce." The diner at which this food is served, spells it "catsup" and no offense is intended to those who spell it differently.
The world's largest catsup bottle is in Collinsville Illinois. If passing by on US Interstate 70, US Route 66 or US Route 40, you should take the 10 minute detour to drive by it. It's really just a water tower shaped and painted like a catsup bottle, it's not actually full of catsup, but it's still neat.

So, if somebody's still thinking of getting their kicks on Route 66, there's something to take a look at.
Oh, hey, I already have a sentou. I'll just have to cover the windows.
Still re-discovering stuff I already have... Bob, does the multimedia building at Douglass Gardens include a small theater? Because I have one.
(08-02-2022, 07:42 AM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]Seen in the description of Diner Food 4 (while I was going through another batch of items to claim my free 3D-printing licenses):

Quote:    DAZ 3D neither condones nor condemns any particular spelling of catsup/ketchup, with the exception of "ketsup" which is clearly wrong. DAZ 3D also acknowledges the rights of people to refer to the condiment as "tomato sauce" or as "red sauce." The diner at which this food is served, spells it "catsup" and no offense is intended to those who spell it differently.
    The world's largest catsup bottle is in Collinsville Illinois. If passing by on US Interstate 70, US Route 66 or US Route 40, you should take the 10 minute detour to drive by it. It's really just a water tower shaped and painted like a catsup bottle, it's not actually full of catsup, but it's still neat.

So, if somebody's still thinking of getting their kicks on Route 66, there's something to take a look at.

I guess someone here didn't ask the Ketchup Advisory Board in Lake Wobegon, which for a while was known as the Catchup Advisory Board to split the difference.

When life sends enemies to your school disguised as students, and then they trick you into breaking your robot pal, it can be pretty hard to take.  Then monsters attack, and your girlfriend sacrifices herself to save everyone.  The unbearable grief and angst can lead you down a spiral of pain.  That's when you need ketchup the most, with its natural mellowing agents to help you fight the despair that brings grimm closer.  With just a bit of tang, all those problems seem a little less urgent.  Ketchup: for when you need it most.
(08-02-2022, 03:54 PM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]Still re-discovering stuff I already have... Bob, does the multimedia building at Douglass Gardens include a small theater? Because I have one.

It does in fact have a home theatre. I wasn't envisioning something quite that elaborate but if that's what our benefactors build, who am I to say no?
(08-02-2022, 08:42 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-02-2022, 03:54 PM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]Still re-discovering stuff I already have... Bob, does the multimedia building at Douglass Gardens include a small theater? Because I have one.

It does in fact have a home theatre.  I wasn't envisioning something quite that elaborate but if that's what our benefactors build, who am I to say no?

Does it come with the girl?
<wiggles groucho eyebrows> Depends on how attentive you are to both of them.
For the Halloween party: Fabric Gazebo. Have at it, Tomo!
Beautiful skeeball machine, that... but looks far too modern to be from the Jersey Shore. Now, if you could make it look like one of these, then we could have perfect accuracy for a trip to Seaside by my residents.
Today's "if you're going to buy those anyway, have this for free as well" item might actually be useful (say, if Washuu-chan supplies a room where the Masaki household can review for their high-school equivalency certificate test): Japanese Neat Classroom.

It was that or a prop set that I don't need immediately and can get for free with a coupon next month.
Oh, yes... If anybody is interested in giving this a try this month, I might be able to get a bit of store credit depending on how you get the software. The base "Daz Studio" software is free but you need to create an account and agree to the resource re-use license before you can download it. Follow this link to create the account and spend at least $10 in their store before August 31 and I get $5 in credit. Which I promise to use on things that will appear in renders for this writing project.

(If anybody does decide to get the free software, PM me and I'll give you some tips on how to get free content to use with it.)
(08-12-2022, 08:30 AM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, yes... If anybody is interested in giving this a try this month, I might be able to get a bit of store credit depending on how you get the software. The base "Daz Studio" software is free but you need to create an account and agree to the resource re-use license before you can download it. Follow this link to create the account and spend at least $10 in their store before August 31 and I get $5 in credit. Which I promise to use on things that will appear in renders for this writing project.

(If anybody does decide to get the free software, PM me and I'll give you some tips on how to get free content to use with it.)

If you're thinking of giving 3-D art a try, even if you don't plan on spending any money on it, get the software today - they're giving away approximately $500 of (older but still very useful) content for free today over and above the usual freebies. EDIT: Hold on this - those items aren't free any more, but there's a chance that they might be free later in the weekend.
They've been having their annual "Premier Artist" (read "people we broker sales for") sale this month. Just got a set of ornamental lamps for $1.56... so now I have some ornamental lamps for Hotaru's apartment. EDIT: And the Old Dietmeier Place - they'd have a couple of these kicking around from before the property got electric lights, in case of power outages.

Also got a texture set that turns a medieval dinnerware set that I already had into a Edwardian-style dinnerware set (which I might use at Blossom, or save for the Old Dietmeier Place) or a stoneware dinnerware set, and some "SF Auras" for those glowy magical girls or when the UFP shows up and we start beaming people around or (using the included props) somebody conjures up magical fire (hello, Sailor Mars and Hikaru Shidou)... which kicked me into "buy at least this much and get one of these for free", which they've been doing daily during the entire sale. The best free-with-purchase item today, as far as I was concerned, was the sidetail hairdo.

Anybody know of a character who wears one sidetail? It doesn't look like I can mirror the sidetail, so I can't use it for Kuroko's twintails. (Of course, I can always put it on an original character's head.)
Oh yeah, those lamps will be right at home in the Old Deitmeier Place.

Meanwhile, my brain is telling me that I know of several characters with one sidetail, but it's playing games and won't let me remember who.
I'm pretty sure StrikerS era Nanoha wore one sidetail, but that's not the version of the character running around Philly.
My memories are dim, did Kasumi Tendo have a side tail or just drape her ponytail forward over her shoulder?
She just draped her ponytail forward over her shoulder.
(09-19-2022, 07:57 AM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody know of a character who wears one sidetail? It doesn't look like I can mirror the sidetail, so I can't use it for Kuroko's twintails. (Of course, I can always put it on an original character's head.)

Speaking of twintails... SU Cute Double Ponytail for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females is new today. Hello, Azusa! (I'm thinking that putting this hairdo on the younger Vo Da Ji for Genesis 8.1 Female body should be pretty close to canon not-in-school Azusa. Dress her in dForce Summer After Work Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females.)

Also, one of the events they're doing in their current semi-annual sale is "if you're in the club, get exactly eight items from this list for $2.99 total". Today's list had one item I've had on my wishlist for months, discounted to $2.99 for club members... so why not get seven more items effectively for free while getting that item on sale? One of the other items on the list is Jackson's Field, which I thought might be useful for the back of The Old Deitmeier Place, so it became one of those seven more items for free.

(Yes, being in their club is well worth the membership fee. Even if you pay full price.)

EDIT: As for Kuroko's twintails, Kinley Hair with dForce for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s) would work... but it isn't on sale, so I'm not buying it just yet.
Oh, nice collection of image elements there. We can definitely use Jackson's Field to do all kinds of bits of land around TODP -- the creek along one edge can be the creek in the grove along the farm's southern edge, for example.
This week's freebie for club members just might find its way into renders of Basin and Range Province: Desert Blooms - California Poppy
Just had to update the Daz Studio software. Judging from past performance, this means the next major release of the base Genesis human character will be along any day now.

I might use Genesis 9 for this project, but I started with Genesis 8 so I suspect I'll continue. (Much like with Fenspace, where I didn't upgrade the characters to the original Genesis when it was released. In both cases, there's a lot of support for the base human character that I started with, while the new figure doesn't have nearly as much in the way of support at launch.)

Oh, yes: this was on sale today. Something for Warehouse 13. Also on sale was a short-bob hime cut hairdo, which I'm sure I can use for somebody.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6