Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: IMPORTANT - If you're using private messaging...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
... and you have a gmail account: Google is bouncing emails from the board with the following error:

Quote:Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550-5.7.26 This message fails to pass SPF checks for an SPF record with a hard
550-5.7.26 fail policy (-all). To best protect our users from spam and
550-5.7.26 phishing, the message has been blocked. Please visit
550-5.7.26 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8...entication for more
550 5.7.26 information. gv14-20020a056214262e00b0046b87b8d201si9399735qvb.441 - gsmtp

If you're relying on an email notification that you have new private messages, it will not reach you.

This also applies to thread subscriptions as well -- if you have a gmail address, email from the board will not reach you.

The url in the message does have information about how to prevent this which I am reviewing, but it's not going to be an instant fix.
(06-20-2022, 10:24 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]... and you have a gmail account:  Google is bouncing emails from the board with the following error:

Quote:Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550-5.7.26 This message fails to pass SPF checks for an SPF record with a hard
550-5.7.26 fail policy (-all). To best protect our users from spam and
550-5.7.26 phishing, the message has been blocked. Please visit
550-5.7.26  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8...entication for more
550 5.7.26 information. gv14-20020a056214262e00b0046b87b8d201si9399735qvb.441 - gsmtp

If you're relying on an email notification that you have new private messages, it will not reach you. 

This also applies to thread subscriptions as well -- if you have a gmail address, email from the board will not reach you.

The url in the message does have information about how to prevent this which I am reviewing, but it's not going to be an instant fix.

Ah..I haven't been receiving notifications since I re-registered here, (I have a gmail address), this would explain why.
Google's gotten shite.

One of our suppliers sends us a lot of critical emails that forever get dumped into Spam, despite them being repeatedly being marked as trustworthy, as not spam, and being replies to emails I sent.

But the emails from chinese companies too shit to even be sold by alibaba are still getting through without a hitch --- marked as Important, no less. The actual spam still makes it.

I fucking hate tech. Nothing works. But that's OK because lol Unicorns.
When I visit my Kickstarter activity page in Chrome, I like to open the links for viewing in separate simultaneous tabs. (They tend to be a mix of recent updates on campaigns I've backed with interesting campaigns backed by creators I follow.) Lately, once I get about a dozen tabs open, KS, in collaboration with Chrome, pops up an interstitial page stating, basically, that they suspect me to be a bot, requiring me to press and hold a button on the page (this involves clicking on it and holding down the mouse button until it fills like a progress bar). The list of reasons for their suspicions includes the possible use of things that interfere with Javascript, and specifically cites ad-blockers as an offender in this area.

People on my Tumblr dash say I should abandon Chrome for Firefox by year's end. On desktop, I may not wait that long. Thank you for not escaping my TED talk in time.