Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Well. It was such a good day when it began...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
... and then I got in an auto accident just before 2:30 this afternoon. Got hit in the driver's side rear quarter panel by a guy going 40 mph as I turned at an intersection, which also half-tore off the rear bumper and seriously messed up the wheel there (it was visibly canted 30 degrees or so off vertical).

I'm completely unharmed -- no worries there. Shaky as hell for the last eight hours, but I'm fine. The other driver may have had a minor injury to one leg -- he was walking around fine, but when the police officer asked said he had some pain in his right shin and accepted the offer of an ambulance.

And may I just say how impressed I am with the automated online claim filing system my insurance company has implemented since I last needed to file one? Walked me through every step, and before I was finished reading the summary screen I'd been called by the local Enterprise car rental, who'd been alerted because my policy includes coverage for rental cars in these situations, and I'm expecting a call tomorrow from the shop that's already set up to repair the car. Damn, but that was a welcome bit of hand-holding while I was still in a half-panic.
Good to hear you're alright, and things are under control. Stay frosty!
Damn. Glad you're not hurt. Also, you're going to be shaken up, so I hope you have plenty of sweet drinks and hugs.
Take it easy, Bob - there's nothing here that's so urgent that it needs to be done immediately.

Please, take enough time to get your bearings back - your "Shaky as hell for the last eight hours" shows that you were affected by this.
Unfortunately, after a bad night's sleep and an upcoming day of work, I'm not quite free to de-stress further.