Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Laptop Woes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welp, my laptop died last night (Saturday) and by died I mean first either it wouldn’t boot or the display wasn’t working, I’m not sure which, and then it powered up, chugged for a little bit and spontaneously powered down, after which it refused to power up at all. Note that the battery should have had plenty of juice. I tried unplugging it and plugging it in a different outlet whereupon the plug threw sparks and the laptop still refuses to power up. Examining the back/bottom of the computer reveals a distinct lack of options for removing the battery without unscrewing the entire back/bottom panel. I don’t think the thing is designed to let the customer replace the battery.  Sad 

There’s an Apple store within a five minute walk from my mom’s place and I needed a new iPad anyway since my old one is running out of storage (also I left it at home when I came up to visit my mom), so I headed over there for a looksy. Honestly, I was considering getting a MacBook until I saw the price for one with the size of SSD I wanted. I’ll get a notebook PC when I get home. I did end up getting a Ninth Gen iPad and a keyboard because I refuse to deal with the pain in the butt value of using an on-screen keyboard even for a week and a half. *sigh* I’d hoped to be able to take my time with getting a new iPad and maybe even get a refurb, but noooo, I have to get a brand new one right NOW. Fortunately, the store did have last year’s model in stock, so I didn’t have to get the latest version.