Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: cool effect(s) in need of a song
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A thread for when y'all think of an interesting power effect, but don't have a song in mind to connect it to, or the song you thought of is already earmarked for something else.

In this case speciofically, it was My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark by Fall Out Boy, one that I proposed a complicated multi-factor investigation effect for some time ago and Bob said he already had something simpler to use with it. Reminded of the power effect I'd thought up then, I also came up with something simpler for it - retrocogition with the amount and clarity of information gained not depending on time or strong emotion in the moment, but rather by how much effort was put into keeping whatever Doug is trying to find out about hidden. (by which I mean that a drive by shooting or terror bombing would give him almost nothing, while a meticulously planned locked-room mystery or conspiracy theory government cover-up would be immediately revealed, to the most minor details like the mastermind's favored brand of tooth paste and how well they slept the night before.) It could go with just about any song related to finding out secrets, really, but I'm hoping someone will pipe up with a perfect match since nothing is springing to my mind.

Other cool power suggestions are of course welcome as well.