Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I wonder whether I'm going into the office Wednesday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Thread started in Politics because I'm sure it would be moved here if it wasn't.)

The largest public service union in Canada has been in a legal strike position for a few days now. They just announced that they're walking the picket line as of 12:01 am ET.

I'm not in that union. (My union has the word "Professional" in its name, and sticks by it; we prefer binding arbitration to strikes. So I've never walked a picket line. I'm not saying one approach is better or worse than the other.)

Maybe I should work from home tomorrow. (I've never crossed a picket line, either. But I can't just blow off work.)

The people who assess tax returns and send out the refund checks are in that union. And it's tax time. I expect some public pressure to get this solved quickly.

Funny thing... the last time they went on strike was in 1991, just after I started my civil service career (as opposed to a few government summer jobs). They haven't taken job action since then, until now, which is pretty close to when I can finish my civil service career. Book Ends happen in Real Life, too.