Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: A Mahao Sensei Negima Step
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it too early to consider discussing it? Book 4 is supposedly coming out on December 27
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
"Discuss Mahao Sensei Negima step in 2009."
It just reached the 100th chapter thi week. It's set during the school festival..(mid June?) so I'd say roughly halfway there. Given that we are about a year behind....
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Yeesh, I thought everything in this area had been restored.
Oh, and 2009 is fine by me.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."

The Wanderer

And for what it's worth, since the mistake has appeared twice now and so is likely not merely a typo, a nitpick: unless I've been vastly misinformed on multiple occasions, it's "Mahou", meaning "Magic". This seems the more likely because "mahao" doesn't appear to actually mean anything.
No more comments than that at the moment, because unfortunately despite the numerous glowing reviews of the later stages of "Negima!" I've yet to manage to push myself to read past the first few chapters... the latest bit I remember is the first "bath" scene.
Quote:
And for what it's worth, since the mistake has appeared twice now and so is likely not merely a typo, a nitpick: unless I've been vastly misinformed on multiple occasions, it's "Mahou", meaning "Magic". This seems the more likely because "mahao" doesn't appear to actually mean anything.
Oops!...my bad ^^
Quote:
No more comments than that at the moment, because unfortunately despite the numerous glowing reviews of the later stages of "Negima!" I've yet to manage to push myself to read past the first few chapters... the latest bit I remember is the first "bath" scene.

The one where the girl with the biggest chest should had won? Heh, Chizuru Namba should had won that hands down! If anyone was doing an AU fic of Negima!, that would be a good start point.
Negima has evolved from a harem to a shonen fighting manga with a harem overlay. And what's interesting is that Akamatsu does angst and drama pretty well too.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Negi has seen things that grown men would be shaken to their souls over.. and I don't mean his students. And he's come out of it on the other side a reasonably well adjusted, intelligent, and most especially nice, kid.
It's so NICE to see a main male character in a manga I don't want to BEAT WITH A BAT for being an utter dumbass.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
ordnance11 Wrote:"Discuss Mahao Sensei Negima step in 2009."
It just reached the 100th chapter thi week. It's set during the school festival..(mid June?) so I'd say roughly halfway there. Given that we are about a year behind....
(thread ressurection) Speaking of being a year behind...

Wow - remember back when there were only four volumes of Negima, and we thought we had an idea of what sort of story it was? Ah, we were so young and foolish...

So... Doug gates into either Mahora or Mundus Magicus. Then what?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
A good insertion point would be before the Mahora festival. It'll allow Doug to wear the Loon uniform. Mages vs Martians? Throw in a bona fide hero as well.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
With only 2 more chapters to go, I guess it's safe to talk now about a Negima step.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
If I was going to write it (I'm not), I'd set the story somewhere during Asuna's nap - that appears to be uncharted territory (even if it's told in the next two chapters, it'll only be skimmed over), which gives the writer a near-free rein.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012