Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Amazing Utena cosplayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Ellumiel" from the Ukraine, at Deviantart.  I think I might use these photos as a model for Utena as seen by Doug in "real life" when I write that Step.

Thanks to "Bushido" over at the EPU forums for the pointer.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
If someone ever wants to do a live action film of Utena, I want somebody with those features.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
She makes a pretty good Lina Inverse, as well, and her Asuka isn't half bad.

But then, decent "Sundress Asuka" is fairly easy to pull off. Though if she were playing Lina in a Live Action Slayers... the rest of the female cast would almost have to be rather.... cartoonishly "up front," as it were.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Foxboy Wrote: Though if she were playing Lina in a Live Action Slayers... the rest of the female cast would almost have to be rather.... cartoonishly "up front," as it were.
Well, that's always been true Smile
...you say that like it's a bad thing.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Foxboy Wrote:She makes a pretty good Lina Inverse, as well, and her Asuka isn't half bad.

But then, decent "Sundress Asuka" is fairly easy to pull off. Though if she were playing Lina in a Live Action Slayers... the rest of the female cast would almost have to be rather.... cartoonishly "up front," as it were.
So you are saying you wouldn't mind seeing her cosplay a "plug suit" Asuka?  As for live action slayers...just about every other female character in that series is "top" heavy.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Thread necromancy strikes... I just bumbled across this thread while looking for something else, and clicked the link for the heck of it.

The Utena folder at Ellumiel's DeviantArt page has more pictures. Nothing spectacular, but if you liked the original set of four or so, you'll like the additional shots from the same photo session.
-- Bob
---------
I see Doug snarking about hair color when he first meets most of the Ohtori cast. "Good God and all the little fishes, it looks like the Clairol hair dye test lab in here!"
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
"What, did your parents lose a bet and have to choose from a box of Crayolas?"
-- Bob
---------
ordnance11 Wrote:
Foxboy Wrote:She makes a pretty good Lina Inverse, as well, and her Asuka isn't half bad.

So you are saying you wouldn't mind seeing her cosplay a "plug suit" Asuka?  As for live action slayers...just about every other female character in that series is "top" heavy.
There are a few Plugsuit Asuka pics on there now.
Re-necromancied! I did exactly the same as last time -- stumbled across the thread and clicked the link. And now there's many pages of many costumes. She makes a great Marller and a pretty good Ritsuko Akagi, though I can take or leave her Sailor Mars.
-- Bob
---------
Whoa! 
Anyone else notice that Plugsuit Asuka is actually some very-nicely executed bodypaint?
Nicely matched to a bikini, but yeah... didn't notice that before.

Oh, and since my last post in this thread, she's added six new pics.
-- Bob
---------
New pics...like her new Adora cosplay from She-Ra
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
I like her Deedlit, but I've always been a Lodoss fan.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:Ebony wrote:
I like her Deedlit, but I've always been a Lodoss fan.
Indeed. And that dress.... oh my. Wink
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
She's rockin' the white dress as Charlotte from Vampire Hunter D -- Bloodlust.  Almost total coverage, but off-the-shoulder ... one of my fatal ... weaknesses....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
And wow, she's got 12 pages of pics now. And she's clearly growing/grown up -- there's a visible difference in her apparent age between the Utena shots way back when and her most recent pics.
-- Bob
---------
And once more I rediscovered the thread and clicked the link...

...and her page is now gone. <sob>

EDIT: Not gone, just relocated. And she has another page at Worldcosplay.net.