Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [fluff] Worst "fake names" in Fenspace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm in a slightly goofy mood (which often happens when I'm short on sleep)...

It's been established that many Fen took different names when they headed Up, if only to dodge the 'Daneside law. Some folks are going to pick ...
let's be charitable and say "less than serious" names. Sure, they'll regret it later, but by then they're stuck with whatever names they
chose.

I mentioned one of these people in the writeup of Stellvia Corp. - Oliver Towne manages the
##WHITENOISE## Foundation. ("Oliver Towne?" "Yeah; I'm everywhere!" Which means he might be one of the Julian Friez... but probably
not.)

Julian Friez fits the theme, too, although that was his real name. (Going off on a tangent, by 2014, Stellvia
is probably big enough to hire a Julian or two, but they wouldn't report directly to chief engineer Kohran. They have issues with
female androids, you know...)

Then there's the previously-unmentioned British female Warsie, Judi Knight.

Are there any others? Well, yes, there must be... but can anyone come up with their names?

-Rob Kelk

"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Kokuten

Well, one of the first Councillors from Hogwarts admitted that he had considered changing his name to "Dambledore", but decided against it..
Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
A number of Rockhounds employees have been witnessed introducing themselves as "Harold Stamper" or variations thereupon.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
The leader of the Hong Kong team of Blue Blazers has been referred to as "Master Leep." He is considered a master martial artist. He may or may not be originally from Canada. Or be frantic.
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Sirrocco

There's bound to be a Heinleiner out there with the name of Tanya Staafl.
Quote:
Tanya Staafl
Or "Tanner Staafl." Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon

Kokuten

Actually, they're brother and sister - and they're not Heinleiners, they're hippies.
The names, yes, are a poke at Heinleiners.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Sirrocco

There ain't no such thing as free love?
"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch."
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Or "There ain't no such thing as a Free Lilim."

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk

A brief reanimation of this thread to suggest that somewhere out there, there is a Warsie named Robert Alan Fett.
Ebony the Black Dragon

There's probably a woman or five going by the name of Libby Pointe.

ECSNorway, I'm afraid I fail to get "Harold Stamper".
Proginoskes Wrote:There's probably a woman or five going by the name of Libby Pointe.
Harry Stamper was Bruce Willis' character in "Armageddon." A Rockhound's Rockhound, as it were.
Ebony the Black Dragon

Probably bought up the OV-200-series 'Freedom' and 'Independance' too.... the git.

Then you have Alex James Murphy of the Space Patrol.

Troubleshooter J.G. Damien Redd.
Harry Stamper was Bruce Willis' character in "Armageddon." A Rockhound's Rockhound, as it were.
Prezackly. It's one of the classic "I am SO n00b, I think I'm cool" moves among Rockhounds.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
The Kents, Waynes, and Parkers in Kandor take up 50% of the Phone Book.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll
Foxboy Wrote:The Kents, Waynes, and Parkers in Kandor take up 50% of the Phone Book.
With the Richards, Banners, Starks, Wests, and Jordans filling a large chunk of the remaining pages.
--
Rob Kelk

And Kinnison sometimes seems like the most common last name among the Pulpers...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a good bundle of Tsukino, Kino, Mizuno, Aino, and Hino among the Senshi contingent. Oh, and don't forget Chiba. Wink
Bob Schroeck Wrote:And Kinnison sometimes seems like the most common last name among the Pulpers...
To say nothing of Allard, Cranston, Quartermain, Rogers, Gordon, and, of course, Savage.

Ebony the Black Dragon

"Savage" might be common among Supers who are UF-fen, as well, though that might admittedly be a rather small segment of the population. (Undocumented Features: where Adam and Jamie not only have between them more than thirty years of special effects experience, but are a Kryptonian and a Jedi, respectively.)
"Savage" might just be common enough that most of the major settlements will have at least ONE. Between Doc, UF, WWF's "Macho Man", and Mythbusters.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
A snippet from an Infinities that takes later elements from TSIR,SGAH as "canon."

Quote:"Ooh, YEAH!"

Millie winced at the volume of the Senshi beside her wearing a neon cowgirl hat slightly askew. At least she showed more modesty than most of her ilk.

"Miss Savage?" Millie asked gently. "Are you going to do that EVERY time my husband picks up a folding chair on the set?"

"Sorry, Mrs. Goddard," she replied sheepishly. "I just never expected a puppeteer to be such a beefcake."

"It's all right Randi," Millie replied, a wistful smile tugging at her lips. "Neither did I."

-- James Nicoll
Ebony Wrote:A brief reanimation of this thread to suggest that somewhere out there, there is a Warsie named Robert Alan Fett.
Isn't there a Beach Boys song about him?
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:
Ebony Wrote:A brief reanimation of this thread to suggest that somewhere out there, there is a Warsie named Robert Alan Fett.
Isn't there a Beach Boys song about him?
I thought it was about John Travolta. Or am I thinking of a different Beach Boys song?

Ebony the Black Dragon

Pages: 1 2