Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I've Got Too Much Cool Stuff Already...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...somebody take this idea and run with it, please? It's a natural tie-in with Fenspace, and there must have been a fan out there somewhere to think of this:
Eleanor Cameron's The Wonderful Flight To The Mushroom Planet.
There's even a sequence in the book that could pass for a 'wavium application.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
I can't be the only person to have ever heard of this book -- it had something like six sequels, for frog's sake! Of course, it's late 50s-early 60s-vintage, which might have a thing or two to do with it, but hell, it's still still available on Amazon!

-- Bob
---------

Kokuten

I'm batting zero on brainlookups, Bob, but I'm just a pup, so..
*shrug*
sorry. If it's any consolation, I suffered through Marcus Alexander Hart's Oblivion Society so you don't have to!Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
I recall reading the first two while in grade school... but I've got too much Cool Stuff already, too.

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Feinan

*grin* I remember reading the first one, and at least one or two of the sequels as well. Loved it. It's just been too long since the last time I read it.

Sirrocco

Those books were pretty trippy. I think I read two or three of them - maybe up at my grandparent's house? Thanks for the memory. Also, I have an answer....
I haven't read them myself in a very long time. I have the first book somewhere in my collection, in a 1970s paperback edition, but I haven't seen the others since I was in grade school. I think maybe it's time to dig it out and reread.

-- Bob
---------